Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine in SD Customer Credit Memo - Vendor Credit Memo document type

former_member445510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new in Fi and VAT, and i have to decide if the posting documents coming from FI accounting are:

Customer Credit Memo/Nota

OR

Vendor Credit Memo/Nota

In the table BKPF-BLART we find the description of SAP Document type Like RV = Billing doc.transfer, but i don't have enough skills to define if this

document type as  Customer Credit Memo/Nota OR Vendor Credit Memo/Nota is defined on header level. (i know if in the description of doc.type ex: DG    Customer "credit memo", that the document will be a Credit memo ), but the others documents doesn't have those type of definition.

On Item level i know that the table BSEG can help me to decide the type of document via those fields " BSCHL - KOART - SHKZG - KUNNR - LIFNR ", but those fields gave wrong decision on header level, you can't use them for header level.

So my Question is, wish tools in SAP (VAT) can gave me the warranty that FI accounting document types are Customer Credit Memo/Nota OR Vendor Credit Memo/Nota or Just Customer Document or Just Vendor Document ?

If i have to search in SD, please don't hesitate to show me how ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ouail.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In BKPF just check this field for both documents (Customer Credit Note and Vendor Credit Note) and see what difference is there.

BKPF-TCODE

Thank$

former_member445510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank u MoazzaM for your replay,

But i don't understand what  are you mining.

in the field BKPF-TCODE for the SAP Doc.type RV, i found the following:

How can i know from this field if this document (RV) is a Customer Credit or not ?

Thank u for your replaying.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is VF01 then it means its customer credit note.

Thank$

former_member445510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Very Niiiiice thank u MoazzaM,

can you gave me the others code for

Customer Credit note : VF01

Vendors Credit note :?

Vendors :?

Customer : ?

The abbreviation VF01 means some thing for you to say that is Customer Credit ?

Thank thank u very much  MoazzaM for your replaying.

former_member445510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

DG    is also "Customer credit memo" but when  i see his BKPF-TCODE i find FB01 that used for customer invoice, and i don't see any Credit memo or nota in the tcode FB01 !!!

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you have asked a similar question in the past:

for which I had responded with the Tax Code Logic

What you are probably looking for is an easy way to indicate from a FI Accounting Document if this is a Credit Note / Debit Note / Customer / Vendor / Input Tax / Output Tax / Etc.

From FI document Type RV you will not get anything directly. That is standard and it wont take you further with respect to finer drill down information, but that is how the real hand off between SD and FI takes place.

Having said that, SD could theoretically assign any Document Type here if you define them in FI. In my experience it is not something which anyone does normally. This is a side note for you. I could be wrong here, so apologies upfront.

I am assuming that you are having a Finance Domain Background. Without that it will be difficult to understand anything quick and easy.

What you would want to look at in the original posting documents is information related to where the data is flowing into FI. The tables -> BSEG, BSET, BKPF, etc. should help you here.

You can use those tables and create query of your own. That should be easy enough. I don't think there is any easy way for anyone to give you all the information you are looking for.

You have a good one.

Thanks