cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection lost AIF webdynpro on submit

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm having a problem with the connection between my SAP AIF and a webdynpro and I'm hoping that you'll be able to help me. So here's my problem:

I've created an online appraisal form (AIF) for a client. This form is being launched by an ABAP webdynpro from the portal. A user fills in the form and submits the form. The submitted form is being picked up by the webdynpor and saves the data back in SAP. This all works as a charm! As long as the user submits the form within 20-30 minutes after opening the form. When the form is opened and the users waits +30 minutes (e.g. coffee break, urgent task,...), fills in the form and submits, the form just "hangs" in the portal. This means that the SAP processing wheel is shown indefinetly. It seems that the connection between my form and the webdynpro is lost. I also don't get a  timeout message, just the processing wheel from SAP that keeps on turning

Here are the things that I've already tried:

- Increasing the timeout parameter in the SICF (+ restart of the ICM)

- Increasing the general timeout paramater from the portal and a complete restart of the portal.

Apprantly this is not the solution...

The ADS is currently on 7.02 SP11 patchlevel 2.

I'm hoping that someone can help me!

Kind regards,

Niels

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

We have the exact same issue and I hope someone can help you (me) too!

Thanks,

-Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

At the moment I've solved it by implementing the timedtrigger ui element in the same view as the Interactiveform ui element. This element triggers an event after a specified period (use the delay property). I set the delay of the timedtrigger to 15min. I added some code in the event handler to force an autosave of the document in SAP. If you do not save your data, it's possible that the form content will be deleted.

I doubt that it's the best solution, because you intentionally ignore portal timeout settings, but it works...

So if anyone would have a better solution, please let me know! => there is a better solution : extending following parameter: http/security_session_timeout

Kind regards,

Niels

Answers (0)