Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

I have a task of moving my local ep projects to nwdi track , after searching scn i came to know that i have ot import EP_BUILD in to the sc , which i did successfull , bt still on building the portal dc in the development configuration perspective im getting error that

"default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication  please help to me to sort it out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

Please verify if you have followed what Ervin has clarified.

Also refer to the below mentioned article that explains and gives some insights on how to migrate local developments to centralized NWDI.

Migrating Local Developments to a Centralized NWDI Environment

Confirm if you have followed the below mentioned steps for adding dependency EP_BUILDT.

1. Open the following URL to access NWDI web interface
  2. www.http://<hostname>:<port number>/devinf
  3. goto Change Management Services
  4. Open System Landscape Directory
  5. Click on Software Components
  6. Here in the Filter give your Software Component name.
  7. after the search is over select your SC in the table and the below displayed tabs go to Dependencies.
  8. in the Context drop-down chose "BuildTime"
  9. click on "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions"
  10. In the Name column of the table search for the SC dependencies (e.g EP_BUILDT), and add it as a dependency.
  11. once you are done with this, go back to the 3rd step mentioned above.
  12. Go to the Landscape Configurator link.
  13. Chose your track inside the table on the left side.
  14. go to the Domain Data option, Click on the "Change" button, and then click on "Update CMS" button (This may take some time)
  15. once the CMS Update is finished, open the "Track Data" link that is beside "Domain Data"
  16. Now click on the "Change" button, from the software component (SCs) table remove the SC, and add it back again.
  17. Save the Track Data (While saving, do not forget to select "Save and Reimport" option.)
  18. Now go to Transport Studio, make sure your track is selected in the table
  19. In the Check-In Tab select all the components displayed in the "Check-In" button.
  20. Once the Check-In operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Development Tab,
  21. In the Development Tab select all the components & click on "Import"
  22. Once the Import operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Consolidation Tab,
  23. In the Consolidation Tab select all the components & click on "Import"
  24. Now come back to your NWDS and remove the configuration that you have imported previously and then again load the same configuration once again from the SLD in your NWDS.

Let us know about you findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ervin and shreyas ,

Thanks a lot and im sorry for late reply as i was off from work place due to health problems , hi Ervin as you guided to me in earlier thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3478332 for importing the EP_BUILD SCA i followed the same , but updating product in SLD with build time dependency i have to check once done ill update you .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how exactly did you import the ep_buildt? Did you update the product in SLD with the build time dependency, did you update cms and re-added the product in cms, checked in the sca and imported to both dev and cons, and once it was done you re-imported the devconfig in your nwds?

Please elaborate the steps you've done.

Regards,

Ervin