SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

while Am trying to upload marks for students using a program, it is returning an error:"Technical error; appraised object is not unique". Is it not possible to do Appraisal for a student multiple times for same Appraisal type? Please explain the error.

Regards,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

The error message probably (...?) appears because of duplicated appraisal entries for the same module booking. (In DB table PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM, there are 2 or more appraisal entries for one module booking ID).

Main reason for the error could be that when appraisal creation function is called, the flag I_INPUT_CHECK is set to ''(space). Whenever an appraisal is to be created/changed, the flag  I_INPUT_CHECK should always be set to 'X'.  Please check if the flag is not crossed in your
own development to upload marks.

Please also check if note 1540241 - Duplicates in appraisal process is implemented

Please also make sure you correct (delete) the wrong/duplicate appraisals! Otherwise you will keep getting this error.

Good luck!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

The error message probably (...?) appears because of duplicated appraisal entries for the same module booking. (In DB table PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM, there are 2 or more appraisal entries for one module booking ID).

Main reason for the error could be that when appraisal creation function is called, the flag I_INPUT_CHECK is set to ''(space). Whenever an appraisal is to be created/changed, the flag  I_INPUT_CHECK should always be set to 'X'.  Please check if the flag is not crossed in your
own development to upload marks.

Please also check if note 1540241 - Duplicates in appraisal process is implemented

Please also make sure you correct (delete) the wrong/duplicate appraisals! Otherwise you will keep getting this error.

Good luck!

Rob

0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

Thanks for the answer. Let me check out and will revert back

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

In the program we are setting 'X' to INPUT_CHECK, but still in the table mentioned above, there are multiple enteries.. Program should increase the marks under certain conditions. So already the student is Appraised  before running the program.. Is this the reason for the error..

Regards,

Sandeep