cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Tracks on NW 7.4 for FSCMBD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed a new NetWeaver Version 7.4 on top of it i have successfully installed Billerdirect 635.

I am able to configure XCM and use Billerdirect.In order to do some custom changes i  have installed DI and created a track using NWA.

In the process of   creating an track template i don't see the netweaver version 7.4 in it, It's showing NW 7.3 and below.

Even after creating Track, When i see in CMS my dependencies in FSCM_BD are 730. I have also verified in SLD for FSCM_BD it is showing up 730 version software dependence.

Can i go-head and  check in the code in to tracks and ask developer to change the code, will that effect my BD   server because my NW it's on 7.4 and the software components are 730.

Attaching the same screenshot of my dependency after creating track for software component FSCM_BD 635.

Please help me in moving forward.

Thanks,

Vardhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sri vardhan,

Biller Direct 6.35 is actually designed for 7.3, that's why it shows in the SLD only 7.3 packages - this was because of a major technology & interface difference between 7.0x and 7.3x => elements like the XCM were no more working. However, this should be not as bad as between 7.3 and 7.4. All SCA's are only required to peform the build (compilation), but non of the DC contents from the 7.4 environments are getting included into the Biller Direct EAR. So you should be able to run Biller Direct on 7.4 machines even if your development track is filled with 7.3 service stack packages.  However, i am not sure if Biller Direct officially is supported by SAP for 7.4, so it's your own risk!

You sould also have the possibility to simply download & import the 7.4 packages to your track rather then using 7.3, the system would not prevent you from doing that. But keep in mind, that a downgrade of those versions is not possible without special extra tools (not deployed out of the box on your J2EE) in case of you decide to do it.

However, be carefull not do import 7.3 SP packages by accident to your runtime environment behind if it is e.g. 7.4 based. Maybe you should detect for development the track to be on the safe site in case you have not so much expertise. The transport of FSCM SCA's through the whole landscape however will be absolute no problem!

So download the 7.3 packages from the service market, import them to your development track and start developing.

I am also working right now on a mixure of 7.4 / 7.3 versions for Biller Direct 6.35.

If this did answer your question, please close mark this thread as answered

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the  all the valuable inputs.

We have reinstalled NW 7.3 and  configured Biller Direct 6.35.

SAP said BD 6.35 is developed on java version less than 7.4.

Thanks,

Vardhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhan,

We are on Netweaver 7.4 and installed UCES 6.35.
We have configured standard. Now we are installing NWDI to start customization and creating Track.

As per your conclusion we can not do UCES6.35 customization into NW7.4 environment. is this correct?

If yes then the possible solution might be- Install WAS Java+ NWDI 7.3 into separate box and create track and do the customization. Then deploy into 7.4.

As our complete landscape is on 7.4. so is there any issue in compatibility etc.

Please suggest me the needful. please share me SAP reply - oss message content .. some note etc.

Regards,

Narpal Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narpal Singh,

I have not tried that option, we are on 7.3 landscape entire through production.

Thanks,

Vardhan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

Can you share the Installation Guide link for Biller Direct 6.35 installation on NetWeaver 7.4, please?

Regards

Tatyana

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Vardhan,

Please check the below mentioned blog. This might interest you and will clear your doubt.

JDI Software vs. JDI Content

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Vardhan,

The SCA's should show 7.4 version if it identifies correct SCA's you have placed in your transport directory. Please find the below excerpts from help.sap.com -

Use

You can upload a preconfigured software component configuration (SC configuration) into a track. The software configuration then contains both the new and required software components, and the corresponding dependencies.

Prerequisites

You are in Landscape Configurator.

You have already created a software component archive (SCA) or you have received a software component archive from SAP.

Procedure

To load a software component version, proceed as follows:

1. In the Software Components for Development table, choose Load SC Configuration... The Load Software Component Configuration dialog box appears.
  2. Enter the name of the SCA that you want to load. The SCA is in the inbox directory of the transport directory.
  3. Choose Load SC Configuration . The CMS loads the data of the software component configuration and displays it in the software component list.

Result

You have loaded a preconfigured software component configuration into the track.

Please lets know in case if it doesn't work or you face any other specific problem in performing those steps.

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeetendra,

Thanks for the update....

But the FSCM biller direct 635  per-requisite is 730. So on NW 7.4 also it is showing up 730 version.

Currently there is no new FSCM bd version that supports NW 7.4.

Thanks,

Vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Vardhan,

In that case I would suggest to go ahead and checkin the code It should not affect your BD server.

Regards

Jeetendra