cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create two filters both referring same Collection field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have created a custom field - Business Unit & Region, of type collection in Contract document. Now, I am creating a new query and want to use this field as filter. The issue , I am facing here is –

1. I can’t use this filter as collection to select multiple values. Is this a possible option ?
  2. I am not able to use this same filter two times, so that I can select multiple values for filter. When I create two filter referring the same ID, it just overrides another and I see only one filter. Is there any way we can have multiple filters referring same field.

The end objective is to filter the MA based on the multiple values of this collection field. Any other approach is welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Below is the response for your queries:

1. Multiple values for collection filter is not possible.

2. To avoid overriding of filter referring the same ID, we can use different parameter names in Filter prompt as a work around.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

I have given different filter prompt for the two filters,however the system is taking just 1st filter. Please refer the screenshot attached.

Regards

Praveen

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

These are essentially the same filter.  What you are tring to achieve is not possible with a picker that uses an object id (object reference).  The product does support multi pickers but the query framework does not make this available for custom query development.

Regards,

Gary