cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP Career

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

currently I am working in BPO sector non technical(3 years exp) now I want to change my career path to technical.I have done BCA and I have basic knowledge on SQL so please suggest me which SAP module will be suitable for my profile. If I want to do SAP ABAP do i need to learn any other languages like C or C++?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are interested or good in coding/programming then only choose the ABAP otherwise learn something Functional part.

As Seshu said, C' ++ , are not mandatory for learning abap, as per my view all programming language are same logic/concept wise, just some syntax change is there. So if you know C,C++ then you can use your past logic/concept with ABAP also, otherwise you can learn without those also.

Here you can learn more about ABAP.. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thank you for the reply. I am not much into coding .so please suggest me which SAP functional module is suitable for me? If I have to do SAP FICO then do I need to have knowledge on finance? I have basic knowledge on accounts as I had accounts subject for 2 semesters. How is the opportunities for SAP FICO module as I will be fresher..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for giving me new name, "Chandan" ...

Yes, FICO is related to Finance, so if you have knowledge of Finance, learning of SAP FICO will become bit easy, but if don't have also you can learn all things easily.

And opportunities for SAP FICO module or any other module for fresher like, opportunities is there but you have to do struggle to get the jobs.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to start carrier in SAP ABAP need to have some programming skills like C/C++ .

It is not mandatory to learn C/C++ , we can learn ABAP Directly  also , if you learn C/C++ it  will be advantage for Fast learning (ABAP).

I have basic knowledge on SQL  : HANA /BO will be Good.

Regards,
Seshu.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Thank you for the reply.

If I learn SAP BO is it possible to change my job from BPO non technical job to technical as fresher?

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, You can But learning of BO is easy  But opportunities wise  compared to ABAP ,BO will Have less Number of  job Openings for Freshers.