cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, who broke SCN?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCN was down for most part of the day (work day in the US) today not allowing to feed my addiction (sniff-sniff). Not cool you guys.

Don't recall any messages about the planned maintenance (and hopefully no one in their right mind would schedule it on a work day). What on earth happened?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The downtime yesterday (Thursday) was unexpected and it took a couple of restarts to stabilize SCN by ~18:00 CET.

Sorry you couldn't visit the community during this time 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't they restore the database at least once?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It would be interesting to know what database is used for SCN.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess not oracle

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jason! Some restart, huh... I guess I have to join Twitter now just to know when SCN goes down. Hm, what if both go down? Oh, the humanity!

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't even follow Twitter. I just saw the Twitter feed on the homepage of SCN. It's on the right side and that news kind of sprung at me.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That hasn't happened yet...but there's always a first time.

Generally, site updates/deployments are done early in the week and early in the morning, before Europe comes online. Downtimes outside of this are due to something unexpected happening and then it's all hands on deck to get it back online.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not . It was a restart according to Twitter.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Twitter said it was unexpected. I was hitting F5 alot this afternoon (German time ^^).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought i was the only one