cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC source in a Synchronous BAPI call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have PO creation integration setup. The source is a JDBC staging table and the goal is to create the PO in SAP from the info in the table, and then kick back a PO number to a return table for the source system to use.

To do this, I have an sender JDBC adapter setup and a receiver RFC adapter for the BAPI_PO_CREATE1 BAPI.

The question I have is around the response. The BAPI sends back a BAPI_PO_CREATE1.Response message that should come back through my mapping and then needs to post to a return table. Do I need to create a separate Receiver determination or agreement for the JDBC outbound transaction, or will the JDBC adapter setup as the sender (for the initial pull) be used in a receiver mode automatically?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

To your question of whether the sender JDBC can be used in a receiver mode - the answer is NO...

The solution could be like....You will have a BPM which 1.receives the message from the sender JDBC adapter, 2.makes the syncronous RFC call and get the result back and

3.make a jdbc call(using a JDBC receiver channel) to do an update of your original record in the staging table

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would suggest you to split the scenario into two scenarios.

Scenario I : From SAP you will pull information from the JDBC table, create PO in SAP

Scenarios II : Now push the PO number from SAP to the staging table.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Were you able to achieve this end-to-end communication as mentioned below ? I am trying a similar scenario in XI 3.0 here JDBC <--> XI <--> SAP . I am using a sender JDBC adapter to query a DB send the message out to XI --> translates into an RFC call to SAP --> synchronous response from RFC call --> XI --> Mapping in XI --> Synchronous response back to DB...

In my case, the synchronous response back from RFC is getting lost - I guess the receiver JDBC adapter is asynchronous and hence have to use a Async --> Synch bridge....