cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while connecting to ATE DecryptPasswordError <"Key does not exist",,,>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While trying to implement Syclo Service Manager with SAP CRM , I am trying to start the ATE (Agentry Test environment) on Windows after getting connected to the development server. However, I am getting the below error after I give my user ID and password on ATE login pop-up.

DecryptPasswordError <"Key does not exist",,,>

It initially says that the password is incorrect and asks if we would like to connect to the server instead. When I click on "Connect", the above mentioned error is displayed.

Can you please help me with this. As a matter of fact, in the past, I have been able to connect to ATE without any issues, but not sure what could be the problem this time.

Any quick help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashish Dhagat

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Without seeing the rest of the logs, I'm assuming you are getting some kind of logon error.

If so, this error can happen if the the Agentry Server fails to load the "cryptography context and key container".  This can be found by viewing the Startup.log files located in the LOG folder in the running Agentry Server folder.

The following is an example of the Startup.log:

05/05/2009 12:50:55, 0, 0, 2, Thr 2120, Key container does not exist, attempting to create a key container.
     05/05/200912:51:02, 0, 0, 2, Thr 2120, Failed to acquire cryptography context and key container. 05/05/2009 12:51:02, 0, 0, 2,
     Thr 2120, Error 2148073487 loading cryptography key

This issue is caused by the User that started the AgentryServer.gui (or LOCAL SYSTEM if running as a Service) which means the user does not have access to the MachineKeys folder.  The user needs to have full access to the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys.

If running as a Service, the user should confirm the logon account.

To change the Logon account from Local System Account to 'This Account' option (needs to be an admin account):

Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services.

Right click on the appropriate service and select 'Properties'

Select the tab 'Log on'.

Click the radio button next to 'This account'

In the field next to 'This Account', enter ID used for logging into Windows (admin account)

In the Password and Confirm Password fields, enter password associated with the Windows login ID

After verifying that the user has full access to the folder, restart the Agentry Server, and with a cleared client, connect to the Server.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the detailed explanation Ray.

I was able to solve this issue by resetting the sever in ATE settings.

However, now am facing another issue.

After logging in , I am getting the below error.

RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE Incomplete logon data.

I have checked the user name and password and is fine on that end.

Is it related to the previous error or is it a different error altogether?

Regards,

Ashish

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish -

Di you try following the steps above? That should resolve the issue; if not, we'll need to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the startup.log file for the server do you see close the top:

15:02:49 01/17/2014: Event: 0, 2, Loading the Agentry Server's public/private key for password exchanges.

15:02:49 01/17/2014: Event: 0, 2, Key pair loaded successfully.

Or does it say something like cryro keys failed to load?

Answers (0)