Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAUTHTRACE not returning values for objects

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

while determining a role for a service (as in an interface service / SPROXY) user using STAUTHTRACE, I came across something unusual.

the services (6 in total) are called externally and handled by one user. when checking STAUTHTRACE, I can see that it does show the authorization objects that are checked.  however, the values for these objects are not shown.

when tracing the same user and the same services in ST01, I am able to see the values.

this is what part of the trace looks like in STAUTHTRACE:

and this is the same part of the trace in ST01:

if I change the user type of the user from communication to dialog and log in manually, the values do appear again in STAUTHTRACE as well.

it seems that only when the services are called externally (PI), the values go missing.

has anyone come across this issue and knows what to do about it?

thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into the same problem now and found the answer.

Luckily for you it is only a kernel problem in a small PL interval which makes it impossible for the parser for ABAP fields to split the trace sting correctly at & characters.

SAP Note 1969617 solves it (go to PL 524 or higher for 720 kernels).

Cheers,

Julius

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corrections for trace features are kernel based and ST01 shows them as string in a field which it can read from the file.

Sometimes ABAP correction features are needed for the STAuthTrace as it splits those file strings into fields for ALV.

This can have the unfortunate side affect that the kernel version is not 100% downward compatible with ABAP based ALV reporting.

This sometimes affects tags (type=xx name=xx bname=xx) if they contain special characters, particularly the character & or the tag && (Eg &NC& or ' ' which ABAP might interpret as a tabulator or double-split.

-> you should check SAP notes for ABAP corrections or open a customer message.

Which ABAP and kernel versions are you on?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

thanks Julius.

I wasn't able to find any related notes yet and I do find it strange that this only occurs with an externally called service. I would think if it were an issue with ALV reporting it would occur in every trace executed, right?

this is the info of my system:

SAP ECC 6.0 (702 - SP14)

kernel version is 720

0 Kudos

But ... but if the service is called, said call is also processed through the kernel, is it not?

0 Kudos

I reproduced your example and I don't face your problem ... so there should be a note or something. Software here:

SAPKB73106

SAPKH60606

Kernel 720/401

0 Kudos

yes it is.

by the way, my kernel version differs from yours: 720/520

0 Kudos

Interesting is that the type and name tags are initial. This means that the context of the check (type=HS, name=<ws_name>) are not known (perhaps because it is not in USOBHASH yet?).

I think you should open a customer message and report it to SAP. I suspect that when trying to get the <ws_name> from usobhash using the webservice hash, it is also clearing the authorization data fields. Just a guess though - wouldn't bet my hat on it..  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into the same problem now and found the answer.

Luckily for you it is only a kernel problem in a small PL interval which makes it impossible for the parser for ABAP fields to split the trace sting correctly at & characters.

SAP Note 1969617 solves it (go to PL 524 or higher for 720 kernels).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

thanks Julius, it seems this note will solve this issue!