Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Telecom processing in SAP

abhijeetbjoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

I worked in reputed telecom company in two profiles.Kindly help me in mapping process in SAP.

1. Process of Profile 1(Corporate sales):

• Dealing in Postpaid CUG (Group calling free)connections.

How to map all the plans like 249 plan where 300 mins are free,Roam like free service is free,Caller tune service,etc

Configuration done are defining postpaid as a division.

Maintaining master data for Postpaid 249 plan.

Maintaining master datas for Roam like free,caller tune service

Make MMR of Postpaid 249 as main material and other 2 master data as components i.e Explode BOM for the main item Postpaid 249 and explode it by Roam like Home and callertune services.

Tell me which material type is to be used while making services like Roam like Home,callertune service as SIM cards are outsourced from other company its material type is HAWA.

Is config is right if not so what is the solution?

2.Process of Profile 2(Outlet sales Manager)

Responsibilities:

• Maintaining Profitability of Stores by increasing ROI
  • Increasing footfall of Stores by creating attractive schemes by coordinating with franchisee owner
  • Training all the executives and FOS by giving updates of Sales and Service
  • Assigning responsibilities to each executives and tracking it on regular basis for smooth functioning of Stores
  • Extracting business from executives by setting product wise monthly targets
  • Motivating team to achieve incentives to boost sales
  • Encouraging team to convert the footfall into sales and cross sell product to each existing retail and corporate customer
  • Keeping track on the stock of material like Prepaid, Post-paid, Data card, Recharge and creating sales order for the required material
  • Developing and maintaining relationships with retail as well as corporate customers by ensuring that  executives must respond to enquiries, solve service related issues
  • Coordinating with Marketing for approval of special plans
  • Fixing appointment with the new customers and giving presentation of all products for corporate plan

As it is retail we can map it as ONE TIME Customer.

How to map such process in SAP?

Kindly suggest website for telecom processes in SAP.I found it on SCN but deals with CRM not core SD.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be more suited to CC - Convergent Charging type of process mapping. I am not sure it will be clean mapping in SD. While in theory you can create Material Master for anything - products / services, there will be things like Minutes Used which might need tracking, based on which Billing might be generated.

May be I am over engineering .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For services, you can use DIEN as material type.

You must create normal customer masters and not one-time customers, because you will be billing your customers periodically for postpaid plans.

For pre-paid, you may use one-time customers if required.

abhijeetbjoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

But the BOM config are right or wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abhijeet, you can rightly use a bill of material for including add-ons in a plan.