cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions of EPS directory changed by SAPCAR

0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have following problem on a linux system running a ECC 6.0 with NetWeaver 7.4:

The customer uploads packages in the SPAM / SAINT to the application server so they get extracted and put into the EPS/in/ directory. Before the upload happens the directory has the permissions 770 so group and owner can both have full access to it. The EPS directory is also shared via SAMBA so the customer can access it via the file explorer. Now after the upload happened the permissions on the EPS directory are not 770 anymore, they are 700 and the customer can no longer access it via SAMBA. We have to set the 770 permission again manually. Seems that SAPCAR changes the permission on EPS directory. We have another system with the exact same setup and it does not show this behavior.

Any ideas what is the problem here? Thank you all in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Try uploading the packages from the Frontend - Tx SPAM

If this is not modifying / changing the file system or directory permission then the problem is with the Samba share.

The best option would be to stop giving the permission to the transport directory using Samba for the end users. Instead create a new file system and share it using Samba and ask the client end users to upload the files in that file system.

Schedule a crontab script/job to move the files from that file system to the transport directory if you want to automate it with the right permission.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to to know the user and the group the trans directory has . Should be sidadm:sapsys....

But what user is Samba using is it part of the same group ....

Can you please check when you login in sidadm the umask is ste to 022.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

Hello,

the transport directory, EPS and in directory all belong to <sid>adm:sapsys and SAMBA is accessing with the sapsys group. Thats the problem, because after the EPS directory gets changed to 700 the SAMBA can no longe access it.

umask is 022:

<hostname>:<sid>adm 133> umask

(I replaced unrelevant information as sid and hostname with <...>)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to test the same thing. SAP gui extract doesnot changes any permission..

Now have you got this file system local on the LINUX box?

Do you have multiple SIDadm on multiple LINUX box that are sharing this /usr/sap/trans...

On all the linix box uid and the gid are same for sidadm and sapsys.

If the uid and the gid are not same on all the linux box this issue can happen.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAPCAR will not change the permission of the EPS IN Directory .

Issue looks to be related to the SAMBA File Share.

Can you create a separate location for the SAMBA and check the permissions are still getting changed.

Thanks

Rishi

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per comments by other experts SAPCAR will not make any permission modifications on execution.This issue relates with the samba server only.Please do few things as below:

On your linux box under /etc/samba/smb.conf file add one entry i.e create mask = 0775 or whatever desired at your end and refresh the samba services with following command

" /etc/init.d/smb restart " to make new permissions effective and recheck the things again.

Hope this will also help you for further analysis.

Regards,

Gaurav Rana