cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot generate an IDOC related to PO Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help with the following issue.

When we change or delete line items in an existing Purchase Order, the system does not generate an IDOC with the changes/deletions. It always generates an idoc as if we are creating a new PO. The action reflected in the idoc is 001. When we delete all the PO line items, there is no idoc created. I was expecting that with the setup we have, we will get an idoc with action 003 reflected on it.

We have created a custom partner, port, output type while using the following values:

Message Type = ORDERS

Basic Type = ORDERS05

Partner Type = LS

Partner Function = LS

Process Code = ME10

Change message flag = Blank

Message Type - ORDCHG

Basic Type = ORDERS05

Partner Type = LS

Partner Function = LS

Process Code = ME11

Change message flag = X

Is there a setting that we need to change or are we missing something? Hope to hear your thoughts soon. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Did you check if the related output message is getting assigned to your PO, after change? Maybe it is configured to only be issued once (which is: at PO creation)?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Yes our output message is getting assigned after the change, but it seems the system is still using process code ME10 and not the ME11.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try checking one more config in IMG:

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Messages -> Output Control -> Message Types -> Define Message Types for Purchase Order -> Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order

As far as I remember, for ORDCHG you have to add your output with both: action 1 and 2.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Yes those are setup as well.