Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing tags Issue in SAP Pco

Nikhil_Makhija
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to use SAP PCo HDA to connect Honeywell Historian , Source system is configured and working fine but while creating an agent instance it is throwing error in Subscription Items Tab i.e. while browsing the tags from Honeywell OPC server.

This is the error I am getting :

Browsing Failed;check the connection and try again [no such interface supported].

Any pointers what this error means?

reference information :

SAP MII 14.0

SAP PCo 2.3

SAP HDA instance

Thanks

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Is Honeywell OPC server and SAP Pco in same machine?.

If not there are some Honeywell components required for browsing tag's from PCo.

You can get the same from Honeywell vendor as the list of components necessary for OPC connectivity.

Thanks,

Selva

Nikhil_Makhija
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

OPC server and PCO are on different machine.

I will check if there is any setting required at Honeywell side  to browse tags in PCO  on different machine.

Thanks

Nikhil

ponilango_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

To add to Selva's check, I would suggest you to install PCo on the same machine as your OPC server which is the most recommended and problem free option.

If your OPC server machine is not compatible for PCo installation due to size and security constraints (as in some CNC machines with PC units), work tightly with your network admin to remove the possible network constraints like

1. Firewall restricted ports are opened as required,

2. Local Static IP addresses to the systems separated by different VPNs separated logically or physically,

3. Common service user is created with required network access privileges and used for authenticating PCo to OPC Server connection.

To avoid all these issues it is suggested that you go with PCo installation on the OPC server system.

With regards,

Ponilango P