cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we interconnect Developer Studio & Visual Composer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question:

We can create a web application by using Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio or Sap NetWeaver Visual Composer.

But can we interconnect these 2 tools ?

Thank you very much & kindly regards,

Tweety

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean: can I open a VC model with DevStudio (or the other way round): no, that's unfortunately not possible.

But there are many integration touchpoints: typically, a web service that you create with DevStudio can be used in VC (it was already mentioned in this thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario:

I knew it would be technically not possible and there should be some sort of service(s) needs to be used for the interconnection, this may be a Web Service Call.

VC is blur to me, as i didnt worked on it.

Anyways thanks for the comments and notes.

~Just

Munna SAP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much I think the solution of creating web service or using HTML iVIew is Ok. I've read a document said that now, the code generated by VC & DS is not compatible.

Tweety.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all of your replys

But I mean that, Could we reuse source code generated by VC , import into DS & modify it ? The source code in DS & VC are compatible with each other ?

Thank you very much.

Tweety.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tweety:

DS Java Code follows some set of standards defined for programming. I didn't worked on VS, just comprate both the codes for a similar sinario. If the VC generated code matches the standards with DS then you question is answered..!

Or you always have an option for making JAR files for importing...!

Hope this routes you to some direction.

~Just

Munna SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful for me. But I mean that, can we use parallel Visual Composer & Developer Studio? By example, I create a page in VC, the source code is generated. But other pages I create by Developer Studio. Can I import the source code or import the page created in VC to DS ?

Thank you very much & kindly regards,

Tweety.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tweety,

if I understand you then you want to use other pages in VC. As Thomas mentioned you can use a HTML view for this case. If you want to do other things, please give us more input.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tweety,

you can integrate an application you had build in the Netweaver Developer Studio via a web service or a HTML view.

Regards

Thomas