SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding contact details to a dunning letter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to include additional contact details in the dunning letter? If so do I have to use a specific event, or can I add the logic to fetch the additional details in the form?

Thanks M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You can do it in the dunning form it self based on the contact details that you want to put for the Business partner (like email Id, Phone etc.).

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You can do it in the dunning form it self based on the contact details that you want to put for the Business partner (like email Id, Phone etc.).

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your answer, now I am looking on go to have the dunning letter sent to the email of the contact person of the organization.

Can you advice on what events should be checked to achieve that?

M.

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Check FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1, which you can send the mail directly from your dunning run.

If you want to send the mail directly after the dunning run, then you have to perform an activity in the following SPRO config-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Dunning->Configure Dunning Activities.

In this, you need to define a activity type and assign the function module if you want to send the letter by mail.

Once you done with this config, you need to go to the following spro path-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Dunning->Dunning by Dunning Procedure->Configure Dunning Procedure

In this activity, you need to assign the activity type that you have defined in the above config against the dunning actviity under the dunning levels under a particular dunning procedure as per your requirement.

You can fill up the content, receiver's email id and attachment (if there is any) and you can directly send it to the customer.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for that tip, but what our requirement is to send the dunning letter via email or printed depending on the correspondence variant, if the preferred method is email then the email should go out to the contact person of the organization, if the preferred method is printed then just printed.

Do you have any tips on how to achieve that?

Thanks!

M.

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I think you are talking about the BP dispatch control field as the perferred method.

So depending on the field value in the BP dispatch control field, you make changes in your application form to trigger the same.

In the application form, check whether the BP dispatch control field contains email as the option, if yes, then trigger the FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 and fill up the content, receiver's email id and attachment (if there is any) and send it to the customer.

else, if the BP dispatch control field contains paper, then save the data in a spool\flat file and take a print out in-house\third party and send it to the customer.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

If I send the letters via the printworkbench, do you know what event can I use to set the Subject and Body of the email containing the PDF letter?

Regards,

0 Kudos

When I assign that FM to the dunning activity I get a dump while running FPVB

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You have to make custom FM which performs the dunning activity first like creating entries in table DFKKCOH first and then trigger the FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 internally to send the same to the customer.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

I still have to run FPCOPARA to generate the pdf letter, right? additionally do you know what is the advantage of using this to use the send control that is considered in FPCOPARA to send the correspondence via Email?

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The PDF letter that is being generated from FPCOPARA is because there is an application form which is being assigned to the particular Correspondence type in config and which gets triggered when executing FPCOPARA.

I would suggest you to insert the FM in that application form , so that the output of the existing application form is feed into the FM and it triggers the mail to the customer.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

gulrez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Use application class "IS_U_CA_DUNNING" while creating PWB application form it will return all the  related values of contract. If it does not suffice your requirement then you can use exit and fetch additional data by putting extra logic and pass to your form (SAP Script / Smartform or PDF).

Thanks,

Gulrez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gulrez,

What will be the benefit of using SAP script over a smartform

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

SAP script and smart forms have their own merits & demirits. Generally SAP Script is used to handle very huge volume of customers for dunning. If you use PWB form with SAP Script then it will give you raw data in the form of RDI file which again need to be converted by using stream serve or other 3rd party tool for formating (Putting logo, barcode and other formatting).

If number of customer are not very large then go for PWB with Smart form or Adobe forms. All the formating including barcode , logo etc can be done in the smart form or abobe form and no other tool required for formatting.

Hope it helps or let me know if more info required.

Thanks,

Gulrez