cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice call when alert triggers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to call a webservice when critical alert is triggered from CCMS auto reaction method?

Basically, we have a requirement to create a ticket automatically to third party ticketing tool when alert is triggered.

We'll not use Solman service desk and/or PI. Hence, I was wondering if possible to put a piece of code to call webservice in auto reaction method.

Thanks and Regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

Yes and no. There is no direct integration between Business Process Monitoring and non-SAP ticket tools. But you can connect SAP Service Desk and other ticketing tools via a bi-directional web service interface. For further information see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/b3/64c33af662c514e10000000a114084/frameset.htm. As mentioned above with ST-SER 2010_1 several BadIs are provided so that you can possibly use these BadIs in order to integrate with your ticketing system

source : FAQ Business Process Monitoring - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Hope this clarifies your doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar for the information.  We'll check if we can use Badis to call webservice.

Regards,

Roberto

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks

Based upon my multiple implementation experience

whenever we have process requirements of integrating SAP with non SAP it is better to use these Standard BADI or custom code ...due to complexity of integration mechanisms...but custom is main channel for these integration and you need to good development team of people.

Also, one good piece of advice would be to have a Infra person as well otherwise many times you might see port issues or network issues

All the Best

P.s. You can also close the thread if you got the information you are looking for.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Prakhar. I will now proceed to close this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways of notification are available, either through alerts email or through service desk tickets can errors reported to the possible team, both can be automated.

this is standard, forward the alerts directly to the other ticketing tools cannot be possible without configuring proper interfaces to and from Sap service desk , you not required entire service desk configuration in solman, just basic itsm settings we can connect the other 3rd party webservices.

If you are not with PI, i could suggest this Solution manager Service Desk Integration with third party service desk - SAP Solution Manager - Sec...

or if you have the possibility for using PI interfaces, try here

Once you enabled the integration between solman and external tool, your alerts create tickets in external tools.

please check.

Thanks

Jansi