cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system is not proposing to the quantity classification storage type in putaway

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

While working with the quantity classification I am facing the problem.

flow is

warehouse product 1 each is packed into packagaing material pallet with 30 each. HU type is Euro pallet.

I have maintained the packaging specification with one level and maintained quantity classifier as pallet (P).

in the storage type search sequence I have maintained search sequence with quantity classifier P and search sequence.

for the search sequnce I have maintained 3 storage types for example A,B,C.

the second storage type B is maintained with quantity classification as P.

I have maintained configuration optimize Access Strategy for Storage Type Search: Putaway with check box quantity classification.

for the received quantity of 30 from ERP I have packed the quantity.

when the task is created system is proposing the storage type A instead of storage type B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problme and have a successful test base on above information, there are several point:

1, set up a ST for have QC indicator at general and putaway level

2, also maintain 0WHT and 0IBD condition in pack spec at the same time

3, set Optimize Access Strategy with sequence number 0 for qty group, and have anothen stragegy with big sequence number for non qty group.

4, set up different ST search sequence for qty class and non qty class(qty class for ST with QC)

5, create HU for ID base on the pack spec and then create WT

the system will propose ST with qc for the HU WT and propose the another ST for product WT.

by the way, my version is EWM7.01. hope this help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you get solved this issue, i have a requirement of same scenario, i have configured everything as Suraj indicated above but this is not working, system is always giving first storage type bin only.

We have two storage type, we are receiving one HU from Vendor, we are doing deconsolidation of this HU, if it is a full pallet of 100 Qty then it has to go to X storage type for putaway but if it is a half pallet of 50 qty or less than 50 Qty then it has to go to Y storage type for put away.

Sap Pandit

0 Kudos

Hello,

Was this ever resolved? We are facing the same issue.

Regards,

Shripad

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Thanks for coming to SAP Community for answers. Please post your question as a new question here:
https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html Since you're new in asking questions here, check out our tutorial about asking and answering questions (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions more effectively, that draw responses from our members. Please note, that your question here is very likely not being answered.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the field in the storage type describes what you are trying to achieve... But the documentation describes it a little bit different:

Strategy: Stock Removal Suggestion According to Quantity - Putaway and Stock Removal Strategies - SA...

"See Strategy: Partial Quantities First with the exception that you have defined and assigned two storage type search sequences."

So I guess this: "for the search sequnce I have maintained 3 storage types for example A,B,C." does not give you the expected result.

Brgds

Juergen

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

In one of the press book , I have noticed the comments as below:

During the st. type determination  for stock removal or stock putaway, the packaging specification is read on the requested qty for the product. The quantity classification is derived from the level within the packaging specification that matches the requested quantity. Then the st.type search sequence determination is read based on the determined quantity classification.

In case of Small/Large quantity strategy assignment  in the st.type, the cascading effect is triggered according to the quantity classification of the respective st.types.

from Ramakrishna message upto the determination of search sequence seems to be correct.

seems requirement is to put always pallets in storage type B. If pallet is not there then it should search other storage types in the search sequence

BR

Jobi

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

to align on the same page ,

what i am looking is once the search sequence is determined , if any of the storage type in the search sequence is maintained the same quantity classification of the pack spec, then system should propose that storage type as putaway.  If none of the storage type is maintained with quantity classification then it should work as standard storage type search.

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry

When I went through all documentation on Quantity Classification for putaway I found two things drives this.

1. PS

2.  Quantity Classification  in Storage type at general level and PutawayQtyClass at putaway level. ( check your setting it should be same)

Now if your QC and PutawayQtyClass is P. and  PS is also P and  have packed mat in pallet. As per SAP its has to be worked out as below.  Can you check this and reply .. If this is not happening it means there is issue of adoptions and calculation of storage type. 

From the pack spec level (as determined previously), the assigned operative unit of measure is adopted as the alternative unit of measure for the warehouse tasks, and the HU type of the pack spec level is adopted to the warehouse task as well.

As per some documentation below is a rule for storage type determination.

I hope this will lead to take next level of understanding.

Check one again all data and redetermine. or take complete new set.

Regards

Suraj

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just noticed that what I wrote refers to picking, while you want to do putaway... Sorry.

But anyway, I believe it is still the same issue: I know that the F1 help describes that, the books also says it... anyone here who ever got it running?

I would think it only works in the same way as it is described for picking (and this also is what is described in the mail of Suraj) - the quantity classification needs to be part of the determination of the storage type search sequence.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thank you for the update. I tried this earlier and is not worked as expected. When the task is getting generated system is always proposing to the first storage type in the search sequence.

This is making of no difference with using quantity classification or without quantity classification,

from solution point of view I can control this by maintaining settings at storage type level ( HU type check).

but what is the use of quantity classification?

other end system is not allowing to maintain another pack spec for the warehouse product with different quantity classification.

in a nut shull if I receive full HU from vendor it has to be routed to a storage type and if it is a partial HU it shoud be routed to different storage type. Condition is HU type is same.

Regards

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry

I closely saw your requirement.

"in a nut shull if I receive full HU from vendor it has to be routed to a storage type and if it is a partial HU it shoud be routed to different storage type. Condition is HU type is same. "

This can be achieved via QC

Now how it will work.

1. make two search sequence.

A >> Full pallet direct St which ever you want.

B >> and if partial flow.

then packspec will have QC and HU type under main level and warehouse tab.

ST will have QC  and with putaway QC aso.

In this case you have one putaway control indicator but to search sequence controlled va QC .

In SPRO>>Specify Storage Type Search Sequence for Putaway>>

put two sequence

1. with QC and option  A

2. without qc and option B as above.

then specify same for Optimize Access Strategy for Storage Type Search: Putaway.

so it will have same process type and will work with qc and non qc.

Check if it works.

Regards

Suraj

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thank you for understanding the requirement and an eye on the issue.

I tried earlier by maintaining the above settings and result is not came as expected.

To make more simplier , I have distributed full HU quantity from ERP to eWM and did manual packaging according to pack spec.

When I tried to putaway with quantity classification system is always proposing the first storage type of search sequence instead of the storage type which maintained with quantity classification settings.

Regards

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry

I hope we are near to resolve issue.check below sap note to resolve this issue. 

1864501 - Creating warehouse tasks: Qty classification not working      

This problem is caused by a program error.

In Customizing, you stored the quantity classification for the units of measure. (Customizing path: EWM => Master Data => Product => Define Unit of Measure Attributes)

The stock is kept in the base unit of measure only. No stock is kept in an alternative unit of measure for the product.

No packaging specification is stored for the product.

This is the issue, packspec was not picking whiling creating WT  and not checking QC for WT.

Check

1. Also at the same time maintain 0WHT condition in pack spec.

2. storage type with QC indicator at general and putaway level.

3. search sequence with qc and wpt.

with this note concept of operative  UOM  will be over written by base unit of measure.

Regards

Suraj

former_member228520
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnak you for the update. I saw the OSS note and it seems correction is valid for component SCMEWM From Rel. 900.  seems cannot be used for SAP SCM 7.0

status is showing as Cannot be implemented.

Regards

Sastry