cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I execute DMO of SUM , what components I have to prepare ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I want to execute DMO of SUM to upgrade and migration from ERP on SQL server to ERP on HANA .

Traditional ERP is EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0. And Netweaver 7.3.(SAP_BASIS:731/SAP_ABA:731/PI_BASIS:731...)

I want to upgrade Netweaver 7.4.

Now I downloaded SAP Kernel 740 .

If I have to download more components , please tell me what components I have to download ?

Thanks in advance .

Kazuki.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasanth_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kazuki,

The first input that a DMO process when trigerred will ask is for the stack.xml generated by MOPZ of your Solution Manager.

Hence first trigger MOPZ and then prepare or download the stack accordingly.

Here is the link with step by step screenshot of the DMO procedure.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48743

This will give you a fair idea of what and all is required at which stage. Also note that you have download the HANA kernel files separately.

Regards,

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth,

i am planing to migrate and update  system from one host to another in same database oracle ,

could you please share any document.do we have any standard sap document for it?

Regards,

Manoj J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vasanth,

Many many thanks to you.

Please share your mail ID.

amit.sapsecurity@gmail.com

Thanks

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I understand, you want to upgrade and migrate ERP on SQL to ERP on HANA with ERP version as EHP6. You cannot use DMO for this.

In order to use DMO, minimum target release is system based on SAP Netweaver 7.4 and ERP EHP7 is based on SAP Netweaver 7.4. You cannot simply upgrade SAP NW stack to 7.4 and leaving ERP to EHP6. This is not supported.

Thanks,

Sunny

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos