cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC for Desktop & Support for Google Chrome Browser

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Within NWBC for Desktop (i.e. Windows), almost all web content is all internally rendered via MS Internet Explorer (IE). Is anybody aware if there's a way to render the content via Google Chrome Browser instead?  Why is there such a need? We have Google specific application (e.g. GMail, Google Drive etc) that won't function well within IE. 

I have been searching for documentation\road map in this area, regrettably without much success. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, no. The reason being that the IE control is tightly integrated in NWBC for Desktop. If you hare happy with the functionality of NWBC for HTML, that you can use with Chrome.

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli ... Regrettably NWBC for HTML still has someway to catch up in the User Experience area (e.g. Lack of support for Side Panel & the Navigation Panel). That's why we're ruling it out at the moment.

With Chrome increasing browser share, I would believe that SAP would have some type of NWBC support strategy for it by now...

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Damean,

Desktop version uses in 100% the browser controls of IE. As it is hardcoded, unfortunately it is a currently non-changeable prerequisite for using NWBC Destkop.

"NWBC for Desktop 4.0 always uses Microsoft Internet Explorer that is installed by default to integrate applications that are not based on the SAP GUI for Windows. We do not support any other browsers."

Best regards

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's too bad that NWBC can't use another browser for rendering as this causes big problems for the theme designer.

Chrome and Firefox are way ahead of IE in the rendering of CSS where for example IE can't support the RGBA CSS code, which provides you with the ability to make things transparent.

View this thread as well

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Kjær ,,, Does agree with you on the rendering & other browser capability; at least for today, Chrome is sure way ahead from IE. Sure hope someday, NWBC could be built where it's possible to specify the preferred Browser option.  

ross_goodman
Participant

That is a crap response and I hope they are going to change that sometime soon. No excuse for limiting app functionality to certain browsers.

Answers (0)