cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join condition in attribute view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we add join condition in attribute view ?

I want to join Table A and Table B based on few conditions (WHERE A.X="XXX" AND B.X > "123"), can i do in attribute view ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, we can add multiple join conditions in Attribute view. For single join operators, we can apply filter directly in data foundation by right clicking on the column and Apply Filter. But if you want to apply multiple join conditions then we need to create Calculated column. One example for such a case is Look-up functionality.

Regards

Raj

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

on this note on your response, i was wondering may be scripted calculation view is better because you would want to avoid join conditions on "calculated columns".

Need to analyze that thought.  Do share your thoughts around the same.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I just follow this simple steps:

1. Can I meet my requirements with Attribute view + Analytic view.

2. If not possible then Graphical Calculation view.

3. Still not possible then SQLScript

4. Finally procedure.

As we can meet join conditions in attribute view then why I will go for calculation? This is how generally I follow.

Regards

Raj

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I understand that flow but my question was very specific to this case, like there are many cases where i saw in the projects even though we can achieve the same operation using Calculation Graphical View still the Script based view performing better.

So was considering this as one such case where though we can technically meet the requirements still may be Script based views is better.. jst a thought ..

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The better way to judge is to prepare 1 view with my approach and the other view with your approach and compare the performance results. If performance in second approach is better then to adapt else we can go for first approach as I feel ease in meeting conditions in Attribute view itself.

Please let me know the results if there is a drastic change in performance

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This type of scenario is recommended to be handled in scripted calculation view and not on a improvised attribute view..

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

You apply filter to the table which i believe you will get the result you need.

Regards.

YS