cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub report page footer Not Displaying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i want to display text in report . Sub report has page footer when seen individually but when inserted into report it is not displaying. If i keep text in main report it is displayed only on last page.How to do this? i am using CR 2008 BOXI 3.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Venkatesh,

you can utilize the main report's page footer if you want. you'll have to describe though what you need to put in the page footer when the subreport is active on the page.

if you simply need to have a different page footer for the main and the subreport where there is data from the subreport in the page footer, then please see the attached. change the .txt extension to .rpt.

this technique uses 2 subreports...one is the regular subreport that you would already have, and the 2nd is used for a page footer. note the formulae with the variables used to suppress the sections. in the attachment though there are 4 subreports as there are 2 subreports for the data and 2 subreports for the page footers. you can adapt this technique to your report though.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have only 1 page footer which needs to be displayed , my sub report is on Report header . i have kept text in main report page footer next what should i do?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay. here's what you can do in this scenario.

1 - create a new formula called fakegroup with syntax

whilereadingrecords; ''

2 - create a new group on that formula and ensure that in the options you have it set to repeat on each new page

3 - move this new group up so that it's the top level group

4 - move your subreport into this group and suppress your report header

now you'll have page footers in the main report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already created a fake group in sub report for my header(diffrent thing ), so i have created this fake group in main report (for page footer)

okay cmg to my report group is not repeating even thought i have checked  "Repeat Group Header on Each Page". I don't know why it is not repeating in  each page

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry...that's not a required setting for this particular group and i put that in by mistake...this particular setting you'd use inside your subreport if you wanted a fake page header.

as this is the outside group in the Main report, GH1 will only occur once. since the subreport will not be in this GH1 section, the entire subreport will print in GH1 and the only other sections that will print on each page will be the Page Header (if you didn't suppress it) and the Page Footer which is what you wanted to see.

please let me know if the page footer is not in fact printing as desired. i've attached a sample report where you'll see a fake page header inside the subreport and you'll also see the page footer on the main report as the subreport is inside the main report's fake group. please change the .txt extension to .rpt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks  it worked

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

In Crystal, the Subreport doesn't contain page header & page footer sections.

if you use the PH & PF sections for a normal report and after add that report as subreport to any other report also the PH & PF sections will be disappear.

So if you would like to display any text you need to place in Subreport Report footer or main report sections.

I need more information about your requirement, like how many pages the sub report will grow. Can you provide an example data about your requirement?

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will be displaying 80-2000 pages and my sub report is in page header section of main report.

My Main report :

My Sub report

My main report after executing:

Thank you