Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create SCM user as a Business partner

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking at txn BP in SNC. My intention is to create an existing SCM user as person Business Partner. I don't see that option in txn BP but when I go to txn /n/SCA/USRPRTASSIGN I get the drop down option for all users in the system. I also get a message here which says 'This Is an Unsupported Test Transaction -  - Use Transaction BP'. But in BP I don't see an option for finding the system users.

Anything I am missing, please?

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subash,

Please follow the below steps (Required for every SNC user who needs to use SNC Web UI):

1. SU01 User ID Creation

Transaction : SU01

a. Will be done by the security Team

b. Ensure the user has been provided with all the required Authorizations to access / use SNC

2. Creation of BP of Type Person

Transaction :BP

a. Click on the button "Person"

1.   b. Grouping should be “0002 External Number Assignment” for external BP number assignment.

c. Manullay enter the BP number (preferably should be identical to the SU01 User ID for easy identification)

d. Create in BP Role “000000 Business Partner (General)”

e. Fill in all the details of the user viz., Name /Address / Mail etc.,

f. Save

3. Assign SU01 User to BP of Type Person

a. Search for the BP of type person created in Step 2

b. Display the BP person in BP Role "BUP005 Internet User"

c. Click on Tab "Internet User"

d. Enter the Internet User with the SU01 ID

e. Save

4. Assign BP of Type Person to BP of Type Organization

a. Search for the BP of type Organization which is already created (For Vendors it is created through CIF and for Customer its manually created)

b. Click on Relationship Radio button

c. Select the relationship ctaegroy " Has SNC User" and enter the BP Person next to Relationship to BP and click on Create

d. Save

Note:

1. You may not have authorization to perform steps 2 &3. Take Security team's help in doing the same.

2. Transaction /SCA/USRPRTASSIGN is a test transaction which performs steps 2/3/4 in one single go but should not be used in Production and even in other systems it causes consistency issues sometimes.

Regards,

Bharath

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...Bharatbhai...my struggle was in step 3.

Assign SU01 User to BP of Type Person 

Great help...

Thanks,

Subash

0 Kudos

Thanks Bharath,

It helped me a lot. Keep posting lots of interesting and helpful stuff this in future.

Answers (0)