cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter Advanced selection of source files

0 Kudos

Hi

I am FTP adapter i am getting multiple files from sender I am using Advanced selction of SOurce files option

and My question is in which order it will pick the files where we mention the order of picking files

Can anyone suggest me the solution please

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish -

The standard file/FTP adapter processes files in alphabetical order or by modification date only.

0 Kudos

Hi hareesh

thank for ur reply

But we can process the files in alphabetic order or Modification Date but where should i mention procee in either alphabetic or modification date

Thanks

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry - For NFS we have the option to select but for FTP it's always processed in ascending alphabetical order.

Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

• Q: How does a File Adapter sender channel handle the quality of service EOIO? Are files that match the File Name Scheme in the sender's channel configuration processed in arbitrary order?
  • A: The File Adapter allows you to configure the Processing Sequence of files for the Transport Protocol "File System (NFS)", which also determines the order for EOIO processing. Files can either be processed in ascending alphabetical order (Processing Sequence "By Name") or by their last modification time stamp (Processing Sequence "By Date"), where the oldest file is processed first. For the Transport Protocol "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)" files are always processed in ascending alphabetical order.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Please check the SAP Note 801926 for Advance mode parameter.

reference link - Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

regards,

Harish