Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of Check query

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Need your expertise wrt scope of check in ECC and APO,

What level can ECC check for the product availability. For eg can it check the STO,STR, Incoming deliveries etc.

What is the sequence of these checks. For eg if a order is created for 100qty. How will the system checks. Will it check the inventory on that order location then check the STO or STR etc.

In APO we have the scope of check with several categories. One we define the scope of check depending upon the business event, checking rule checking group, what is the sequence the system will follow once the order is inducted for the availability check (same question as above)

I have a specific scenario wherein we have set up the rule based location substitution.

Once the order is inducted we want the system to check the receipt elements like inventory>scheduled deliveries>STO>STR and then check the alternate location based on the rules. The system will then create an STO for the original location.

I don't want the system to directly go for the rule based location substitution instead.

So my question is how can we control the sequence of the availability search.

Do let me know if I am not clear.

Thanks

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Once the order is inducted we want the system to check the receipt elements like inventory>scheduled deliveries>STO>STR and then check the alternate location based on the rules. The system will then create an STO for the original location.

I don't want the system to directly go for the rule based location substitution instead.

If you don't want system to run rule immediately, make following settings in your APO check instruction;

- Select Product Availability as first step.

- Do not check "Start Immediately" option under Rule based ATP

With this system will check for all available receipts elements at entered location and then check at substitute location.

For sequence, I believe you have recently started working in GATP, so would advice to understand the concept of Availability check first, which is anyway base, you can go through SAP help to understand how ATP works.

I would give you an overview of the process;

It works on the concept of same old backward and forward scheduling, starting from requested delivery date, so earliest available receipt is used for confirming the sales order. Off - course ATP calculation formula is used here;

ATP = warehouse stock + planned inward movements of stock (production orders, purchase orders, planned orders) - planned outward movements of stock (sales orders, deliveries, reservations).

So there is no sequence related to order types, but yes there is a sequence of dates which is followed for availability check.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

Perhaps, you would already be knowing that there is something called Checking Horizon and system starts looking for the available receipts and stock elements starting today. Let us take an example here.

Today's date :- 16.01.2014.

Stock on Hand -  200 Pcs -  16.01.2014

Reciept 1         - 15 Pcs  -  16.01.2014

Reciept 2         -  80 Pcs  -  17.01.2014

Reciept 3         - 150 Pcs -  20.01.2014

All the above stock/reciept elements are in Plant 1.

Now, Plant2 has a stock of 500 PCs on today's day 16.01.2014

Now, imagine there is a sales document that is being introduced with an ordered quantity of 2000 PCs. Now, the key to look for the rule or scope of check it depends on two things.

1) Checking Horizon

2) Delay Parameter that you might have defined in the Calculation Profile.

(  FYI..Delay overrules CH )

So..Considering the above example, suppose if your CH is 8 days, system will confirm the sales doc from Plant 1 with 200+15+80+150 = 445PCs and then it switches to Plant 2 because of the rule that you had setup. However, while checking how long in the future you need to look for stock / receiept elements in both the locations calculation profile plays a major role. If you CH > Delay in CP, Delay always takes the priority.

To answer your question in a crisp way, system never follows sequence of scope of check elements. It identifies whether it is a reciept or demand. All the receiepts will be cumulated together and starts allocating the stock to the incoming demand. The cumulation again depends on the dates.If two receiept elemens are falling on the same day, I suppose any demand that is falling on or later that day would be able to use this receiept element.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

If you see transaction /SAPAPO/AC03 which shows availability after applying the scope of check. It works on concept of Stack Calculation.  The availability is shown for each day (ATP bucket) by doing the netting of Total Receipts and Total Requirements.

When ATP Check is done it respects defined Scope of Check setting for the ATP Group + Business Event.   The sequence which you have mentioned will be followed as well -  inventory>scheduled deliveries>STO>STR  based on dates. You need not to do anything special to control the sequence of the availability search.

Besides,  Please check your Cumulation setting in ATP group.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare