cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Data Insight File Connection -- spaces in file path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to create a File Connection in the CMC for Information Steward, I put in the full directory path which includes spaces (such as \\fileshare\folder1\folder 2) and I get "Directory path is either invalid or is not accessible ADM-10028".  When I back up to just the top level folder without spaces (\\fileshare\folder1), I get a successful connection.  I tried replacing the spaces with %20 and enclosing the entire directory path in quotes and <> and nothing works.  I'm 100% sure the service account has access to this file share because I can access it from the IS/CMC server when logged in as the service account.  I can't find anything in the admin guide specifying that the directory path can't have spaces.  Is there another way to specify the directory path?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which IS version are you running? I cannot reproduce your problem in 4.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using IS 4.2 (version 14.2.1.220).  Thank you, for trying to replicate, I will continue to investigate. 

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly the same version as ours.

Have you thought about renaming to \\fileshare\folder1\folder2? And give it another try? Just to make sure your problem is definitely not access-related.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though I was getting the invalid/failed connection message with the full file path, I just saved the connection and went back to IS and was able to see/use files.  I think it is just the testing that wasn't working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I will have to amend that.  I am able to connect, select files, view data, and even view data on views built with the files, but when I run a profile or rule task on the source with the spaces, it fails with the error message (from task log):

Cannot open file <\\fileshare\folder1\folder 2\file.xls> Check its path and permissions.

The file path printed in the log is correct, and it can obviously access the file for view data, but not profiling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And it was because the SIA was running under the account that had access, but the DS service was running under the local system account.  Doh!

Answers (0)