cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Memo status changed to "nothing"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

As far as I may see, you've already supported some other users with the question of the debit memo remaining in the status "open".

I've got here an interesting situation, maybe you could give a piece of advice to me as well:

To cancel an invoice a standard Credit-Debit procedure was used.

The user cancelled the Debit note but forgot to add rejections to the Debit memo.

The Debit note was cancelled. And the Debit memo remained in the status "open" in the doc flow.

Trying to improve the situation, the user turned back to the Debit note and put the rejections to the item lines.

The Debit memo status changed to "nothing" in the doc flow. What does this "nothing" mean?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Due to all the investigations, I think, we can agree that it's clear why the reason is "nothing"/"blank".

Moreover, I can feel the brilliant SAP logic behind the whole process.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is a standard system behaviour

i would look at sap note: 203182

Маша, удачи

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria Kulik

Three years back when I was new in SAP I also got the same issue and raised a query in SCN. Please check below link. This is how they controlled it and this is how I control it still and we have different reason for rejection for debit/credit memo requests and by assigning that status changes to nothing.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

I've followed your link and checked the issue briefly. It seems like that having the status "blank" (or "nothing" as I put it here) is considered to Ok... 

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats what I am saying

For debit memo request or credit memo request we are doing this fron last three years. If you enter any other standard reason for rejection it won't complete the status. The only way to complete this status is to make it nothing.

This is according to my limited knowledge. Maybe someone else can comment on this better than I did.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

This is because of Item category -billing relevance settings

for Debit memo request, item category is L2N which has C as Billing relevance, status according to target quantity

Unless and until you do the Billing for the item, it will not update any status

as I noticed, even if you update Reason for Rejection system allows to create Billing document with Zero value for Debit and credit memo Request and status updated

thanks

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I noticed, even if you update Reason for Rejection system allows to create Billing document with Zero value for Debit and credit memo Request and status updated.

If we tick field " not relevant for billing " in OVAG and then if we maintain that reason for rejection in debit memo then we can not create billing.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

yes, That is correct

if we use Reason for rejection for which BIC is not set, then system allows to create Debit memo with Zero value for whatever the value in Debit memo request

The same I was referring in my previous thread

thanks

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that but I am just telling you ( your statement is also right ).Actually,for debit memo and credit memo requests ,we have to use that field ticked reason for rejections then only we can get no status and can not create billing.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the reason for rejection configuration under

SPRO-->SALES & DISTRIBUTION-->SALES-->SALES DOCUMENT ITEMS--->DEFINE REASON FOR REJECTION-->

check the Box BIC, which means not relevant for Billing for your reason for rejection

Update this reason for rejection to the Debit memo request which will make the status of DMR to complete

Hope it is clear

try and revert

regards,

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria,

Please go to VA02 and enter debit memo number and press enter.Now click on button Status over view ( with expand ) and share that screen shot here.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Here is the screen shot:

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Just i have replicated this scenario in sandbox

results are like

For Debit memo and Credit Memo, the Billing relevance in Item category is C which means status will update only if the target is fully referred

due to this even though you put the reason for rejection, the  status is not showing as complete

I updated "Not relevant for Billing" indicator in OVAG though status is not changing

I have created a Billing document after updating the reason for rejection, i am very surprised to see the Billing value with 0 and document status updated as complete

below is the screenshot

I believe there should be some interdependency between Billing relevancy in Item category and Overall status for Debit and credit memo documents

i will further try to dig and update my findings

regards,

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below link.It may be helpful to you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3364683

Thanks,

Naren