Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Configuration and SAPConnect

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To my understanding Configure SAPconnect part is the right place where basis team initially configures e-mail services, which later is being used by incident management and other parts of Solution Manager, is not it so?

But, the main problem in my case is that we do not use internal mailserver , but we use Office365 instead and Office365 by default it uses smth like https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange and Solman does not support this, it asks for single host ID...or maybe I'm doing smth wrong?

What would be the best bet on how to setup mail sending services?  maybe to enable SMTP services on local server and by doing so I get local mail server?

Regards, Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_rose2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe you can use a mail Gateway within your Company for this.

Regards

Christian

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Local SMTP server was faulty, I proceeded with some small changes and now it's up and running. What a beauty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Mister Makmerphy,

We are struggling with configuring SMTP for our office 365 environment, with respect to our SAP ECC 6 environment.  We still have the in-house server attached to this.  If you can provide me with some more information on your configuration, I would GREATLY appreciate it.  chockaday@eis-inc.com

Thanks, Curt Hockaday

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not use Office 365, just decided to create SMTP server locally (as a Service) on the same sever where SAP SOlman is installed and use that. Office 365 is not supported, at least i did not manage to get positive answer from SAP Solman team