Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message IW172

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One WBS element is assigned to a maintenance order( PM module).That maintenance order is have planned cost and some actual cost.The order is released mode.Now when user wants to do any change ,it is throughing error message that "an error occurred during budget check,please check cost protocol". But in PS report,there is available budget against the WBS element.Does system check budget against planned cost of maintenance order ?

How can I know , from where all committed cost of WBS element is coming ?Why system is not allowing to do any change in maintenance order even

though there is budget in WBS element ?

Thanks in advance.

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Execute transaction OPSV and check the addit. check box option out there against category 30 which is for maintenance order?

Try and check the above customization first and if still error comes then execute the following steps

First execute CJBW which would deactivate the budget availability control

Secondly, execute CJEN which would reconstruct the project info database.

At last execute CJBN which would activate the budget availability control again.

Also run the correction program BPDIST03 in se38.

Please correct me if I didn't understood your problem.?

Regards,

Amit

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

From configuration side, addit. check box option is available against category 30 . All above step are executed but error is still there .

Does system check budget against planned cost or actual cost of maintenance order ?   Why this error message is coming ?

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

I think its a budget exceed problem. i have tested in my system  in Txn IW32 at the time of order saving system throw the error (Message no. IW172) as you earlier said then chek in GoTO-> Logs->Cost Determination-> Message no. BP601.

If the error is same as i mention then contact to your budget manager for incresing the budget value.

regards

Rajiv Sharma

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot .Issue is resolved by running CJEN t-code.After running this t-code,we find out that actualy there was negative value available.Initialy ,report was showing available budget as 100,031 , after running the t-code CJEN, we found that available budget is in negative.Why this things happened ? What to do to avoid such wrong report ? I need to find out the root cause? Please

Once again thanks to all of you for sharing your valuable information.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pranjal,

We have also faced such kind of issues in production system. The possible reason is due to the exchange rate differences, or due to the credit and debit notes posted on PO's or some times there were many postingd on WBS element that the correct budget availability is not displayed. There could be multiple reasons.

Hence whenever we have unjustified error message for budget exceeded, we can execute following steps:

1. Execute TC IMCRC3 for that particular year for error or for comlete year.

2. Execute CJEN

3. Execute CJBN.

We have observed after executing these TC's, it corrects the PS budget data and user will be able to post the values.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranjal,

Please check person responsible maintained against concerned WBS element is not in terminated status from HR master record.If system does not find the valid person responsible mail address for sending budget warning messages, it converts the messages into Error and does not allow user to save the transaction.

Regards

Tushar

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Responsible person is found to be ok.Please find below budget value of the WBS element.

Budgeted value = 2,011,974.65

Assigned Value=1,911,936.78

Available budget=100,037.87

Actual cost of maintenance order =7,471.83

Also, in maintenance order ,planned cost is showing as 1,491,537.47 under t-code IW32 t-code.

Now if i want change any material qty even reducing the qty, it is giving that error message & rejecting save.System initially allowed to save the maintenance order.Why is it not now?