cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAP ECC, SAP R/3, SAP ERP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to SAP. Tell me the basic difference between SAP ECC, SAP R/3, SAP ERP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riyazahmed.

ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning used for managing the business. ERP software integrates all facets of an operation, including product planning, development, manufacturing processes, sales and marketing.

SAP R/3 is the former name of the enterprise resource planning software produced by SAP.

SAP ECC means SAP ERP(Enterprise) Central Component, the current name for SAP ERP software.

Sharing below Wikipedia links.
SAP ERP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SAP R/3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sathish. Its really an helpful answer

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Riyazahmed.

As a best practices defined in The Rules of Engagement, If your problem or query is resolved then please mark question as "Answered". or Else let us know if you need any additional information.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sathish... Done...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Riyaz,

All the 3 terms ERP, R/3 and ECC refer to the execution system of SAP comprising SD, MM, PP, FI-CO modules. However, from my experience of working with SAP I understand that the formally used term to refer to SAP execution system is SAP ECC.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riyaz,

Above explanation from Satish is quite detailed. In short, most of the clients refer all three terms to indicate their OLTP system where the order processing is mainly done.

Babu Kilari