cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route is deleted when change Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people. I have this problem.

** I have a Standard Order (sale), in wich I put a Plant (dummy), Shipping point (dummy), and route (final).

Then, before Deliver, other users need to change that plant, for the real one, but when they change that plant, the sistem delete the route.

That´s a problem, because sometimes they save the changes and forget to re-write the route, so when deliver is created, has no route.

Is there any solution that can use? some configuration to mantain the route?. and avoid the "auto-delete"?.

I will be very gratefull.

Thanks, grettings from Chile.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

I wont be able provide you the complete solution but I will guide you to deduce the solution.

I suggest, configuring automatic Route Determination is the best solution for this scenario.

The scenario of many routes for the same customer can also be achieved using automatic route determination. For this you need to understand the sequence in which route determination takes place.

Once this is clear you can formulate your solution.

While creating a sales order,

1.Plant is determined on the basis of Delivering plant field mainted Customer or Material master data or you can even enter it manually.

2.Now based on the plant the Shipping point gets determined. The factors resposible for this are

i. Plant determined in the 1st step.

ii.Shipping conditions (of Sold-to party in Sales Order)

iii. Loading Group (Material Master of material in SO)

3.Once we have a Plant & Shipping Point determined in SO. The system tries to determine the Route

The factors resposible for determining Route are the one's mentioned by Naren in his comment i.e.

i. Departure zone of Shipping point (identified in Step 2)

ii. Shipping condition-from Sold-to party (master) of the SalesOrder

iii. Transportation zone-from Ship-to party (master) of the SO

iv. Transportation Group- Material master of material in the SO

4. The above four factors are responsible for determining the route.

Now coming back to your scenario of same customer having multiple routes. Take the same example of Walmart as your customer.

So Walmart would be your Sold- to party, while its different Warehouse would be your Ship to Parties.

Now, for the same customer if the ship-to party changes, the Transportation Zone also changes.

If the Transportation Zone changes definitly it will affect the Route that would be determined.

This way you can achieve the different routes determined for the same customer or Sold-to party.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishor, Your answer was very helpul too, thanks a lot, really, Now I have a better understandig about how to do this. Maybe I can achieve this, but I need to do some case scenarios first!.

Great Answer but the way!! Thanks.

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Indeed, a nice explanation provided by Kishor

In a nutshell, if your requirement is that Sold to party is one but correspondingly ship to parties are different so that is not a problem as in route determination, transportation zone comes from ship to party and hence you can configure different routes for differnt transportation zone.

No customization is required in that case.

But in case there is same ship to party and then you want routes to be multiple, you need to come up with a customization.

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe:

once you change the plant, shipping point, route all get redetermined. When system can't find a route based on the determination table, it leave it as blank.

Seems route has always been entered manually in your system? make sure your route determination is correctly maintained for sake of manual entry.

If you would like to continue the current process, you could also assign the field route to your incompletion log maintained in order header, then a system message could either warn, or stop the users from saving the order with a blank route.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lee Ai, thanks a lot for your answer. In this system, tyhe route is always manually entered, because one customer can have multiple routes for deliver, so I cant configure this in route determination.

I think, leaving the route as mandatory will be the only solution.

Thans again.

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

have you checked with any abaper, i think they might come up with a way of customization where you will get a pop up from choosing from multiple routes based on whatever criteria you want(like customer etc)
they can maintain a Ztable for this and fetch the route from that.

Because in lon run, manually entering the route everytime is going to be cumbersome and is defintly prone to error and mistakes.

I will suggest to go for a customization which will allow you to choose from multiple routes.

Regards,

Aayush Jain
SAP SD Consultant

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hofmann,

Because one customer can have multiple routes for deliver, so I cant configure this in route determination.

How one customer can have multiple routes ?.Can you you give a example on this?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Narendra,

one example could be Walmart, this costumer has many warehouses around the world. So when I sell fruits in this case, I have many differents plants to provide this sell, and many different ways to send this (overseas, air, both) , so, the system can't select de automatic Route determination. (as far as I know)

maybe I don't know how to config de automatic route detemination.

The problem is not the route determination, but the.route deleted any time the people of production planning change the plant, the original route is deleted and they need to put it again, and sometimes.they forgot what route.was there.

Gracias.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Holfmann,

If there is dummy plant ,if people are changing the plant to maintain original plant then also route will be determine automatically for that original plant also based on below settings.

Departure zone-Shipping point

Shipping condition-from SH party

Transportation zone-from SH party

Transportation Group-MM03

While creating sales order system will check above data to get the Route.

Note:You cam make that route field in in-completion procedure as this mandatory.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! I will do that, set route as mandantori, while I learn how to configure the Determination Route.