cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria and Syclo SMART APPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to use Afaria to deploy Syclo SMART APPS on a mobile device? I know that Syclo provide their own MDM add-on but I'm looking for leveraging Afaria.

Can you please provide any reference that supports your answer.

Cheers,

Fouad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad -

Please see below for a previous dicsussion on this topic:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3322564

Thanks,

Ray

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any idea how to achieve this? with or without Afaria?

Cheers

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is my findings and please share your comments:

When you buy an out of the shelf App from SAP you can use AFARIA SAP Cloud to configure the App during the deployment process however if you need to use your own cloud infrastructure, you need to recompile the application to inject the new libraries with the your own namespace.

Since we don’t have the source code of the Agentry player it will be impossible to achieve the configuration of the SMART APP using our AFARIA from a private cloud infrastructure.

This leave us with the option we discussed where we will push the app using Afaria but the config will be done using the MDM-Add on in Agentry Server.

Cheers,

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about the iOS clients, then client would need to branded and the ipa can be used by afaria, if you are talking about winCE clients, there are CAB files that can be used, or apk for android.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I agree if we are talking customized app however in case of the Syclo Player, I still don't understand how we can achieve that?

If I'm on-boarding 200 field workers to use WM, how I can deploy the app in their mobile devices and set up the URL/Port in that app that they can connect to Agentry server.

Cheers,

Fouad

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

What device are you using? To achieve the desired functionality, you would need to brand (preconfigure) the Agentry client. Depending on the OS, this would be a preconfigured .ipa, .apk, or CAB file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's IPad devices,

Brading is done in the content (Not the Agentry Player) that it's been deployed in the SAMRT Agentry server. if I psuh the Agentry Palyer using Afaria, how to set that player that it can connect to the server and retrieve the app logic from the server.

Would you please list the high level steps to achieve such result?

Cheers,

Fouad

ray_isada
Participant