cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending SAP Fiori App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to make small changes to the Fiori's  "Leave Request App".

I have created a project in Eclipse Juno, shared it with our ABAP system (containing the add ons IWBEP and GWCORE).

Retrieved the BSP: ui5_hcm_lr_cr and made some cosmethic changes to it. When I tried to submit these changes, I got the message that I wasn't licensed for it. I was changing standard SAP coding so that might be the reason.

So started all over again. But now after retrieving the BSP code into Eclipse Juno, I unshared the project with the ABAP system. After this action I shared the project again but now creating a new BSP application for it (starting with Z....).

Now I was able to submit the changes towards the ABAP backend system.

instead of opening http://xxxxxxxx:xxx/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_hcm_lr_cr/index.html?backToHome=true

the following url is opened:http://xxxxxxxx:xxx/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/zui5_hcm_lr_cr/index.html?backToHome=true

But unfortunately nothing is shown.

I noticed that after retrieving the standard Fiori application, the objects like application.json, Main.view.html, Main.controller.js etcetera and all the folders i18n, css, view and more are put directly under the root of the project and not under the WebContent folder.

So I moved all these objects to the WebContent folder but this did not help at all.

What I am doing wrong ?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think folder structure is the root cause.

I noticed that after retrieving the standard Fiori application, the objects like application.json, Main.view.html, Main.controller.js etcetera and all the folders i18n, css, view and more are put directly under the root of the project and not under the WebContent folder.

Please refer this document.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I think you are correct, but I haven't found out yet Where I went wrong.

1) Create Project in Eclipse

2) share project via Team provider with ABAP backend assigning it to BSP UI5_HCM_LR_CR

3) Retrieve standard BSP: UI5_HCM_LR_CR

4) Unshare project

5) Share project again, choose to create new BSP: ZZZUI5_HCM_LR_CR

6) I moved all folders and files under WebContent Folder (see attachement 1).

7) Submitted the project to ABAP Backend. (See results attachement 2).

My expectation was that I should get a duplicate working LeaveRequest app.... which of course could be extended in future.

Something is wrong with the webcontent folder I assume.

Above: snapshot of SE80 with left side my onw BSP and on the right side the standard Fiori BSP.

Above: The folderstructure of the Eclipse project.

Best regards,

John

Answers (0)