cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New quant number exists already. Check your number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue ; Transfer order is not getting updated in DB tables (LTAK & LTAP) & getting UPDATE TERMINATED message post creation

Error Info... New quant number exists already. Check your number range (Message No : L3 - 551)

Scenario : -

One of our storage type was Non SU managed & we have changed it into SU managed.After this changes were made, whenever we are trying to create transfer order from exist quant to new quant, transfer order is getting generated whereas failed to update in Database (Eg : during the stock transfer between bin to bin).

Can anybody help on this issue to resolve this.

Analysis : In the TO preparation screen post giving the quant number in the source field (LTAP-VLQNR),VLENR source storage unit number field is showing blank as per LQUA table & in the destination,  it is creating a fresh quant number as well as new SU number. But in the internal table (TAP) (program : SAPML03T & Source Code: ML03TFFC_FC031) newly created SU number is getting updated in source & destination storage unit field  (VLENR & NLENR). I think because of this reason it is failed to update in database post transfer order creation. If I am wrong, please correct me & expecting valuable suggestions & answers from you.

have checked in SM13 & found below information.

FM : L_TA_HINZUFUEGEN

Report : LL03TF2D

Row : 72

Message Class : L3 No : 551

Thanks & Regards

GKR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see that you put a lot effort by checking some program logic, but I do not see any sentence if you had checked your number range.

Are you sure that current number was not reset in the number range, which causes that an old number gets determined and finally fails when writing to the tables because there is already a record with the same number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I checked..There is no number range reset happening during the transfer order creation,That's what  I have mentioned above as (In the TO preparation screen, post giving the quant number in the source field (LTAP-VLQNR), VLENR source storage unit number field is showing blank as per LQUA table & in the destination,it is creating a fresh quant number as well as new SU number).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately my LL03TF2S seems to be different than yours, as I could never get this error at Row : 72

In my source this error message is executed twice, the first time when it is written to the internal table and there is already a quant with the same number.

and the second time when it tests against the entries in table LQUA.

I think you should debug this small source and have a parallel session with SE16 checking table LQUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i have mentioned LL03TF2D include program, not  LL03TF2S.Could please once again & let me know.

Thanks & Regards

GKR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the coding at line 72 is:

WHEN CON_NACH.

IF TAP-NLTYP <> LQUA-LGTYP OR

TAP-NLPLA <> LQUA-LGPLA OR

TAP-NPPOS <> LQUA-PLPOS OR

TAP-NLENR <> LQUA-LENUM.

MESSAGE A551.

ENDIF.

this passage has nothing about VLENR. Please check in the debugger which one of the 4 field combinations is unequal.

Can you explain how you did you activation of SU management. Had you done it while you had stock in that storage type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check the line 64 to 71,

WHEN CON_VON.
         IF TAP-VLTYP <> LQUA-LGTYP OR
            TAP-VLPLA <> LQUA-LGPLA OR
            TAP-VPPOS <> LQUA-PLPOS OR
            TAP-VLENR <> LQUA-LENUM.
           MESSAGE A551.
         ENDIF.

Can you explain how you did you activation of SU management. Had you done it while you had stock in that storage type?

As i was already mentioned, stock was maintained in the storage type  before activation of SU.After activating the SU, I was trying to move the existing quant from one bin to another bin.

Thanks & Regards

GKR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP usually prompts an error  LT152 SU Management cannot be changed

if there is any quant in a storage type when you switch on SUM.

But as you are doing this activation in your DEV system and transport the change, then SAP can of course only check the DEV system.

You created an inconsistence in your system.

You may need to revoke this change in DEV and transport it to PRD.

Then remove all inventory without SU number from that storage type, then activate SUM again and transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expecting your valuable answer at the earliest.