cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Inbound IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a Proxy to ECC scenario. The configuration is not done and we are trying to test the IDoc. WE19, Inbound Processing, we are trying to send the IDoc to ECC itself. However, I am not able to do that. I have some doubts.

1) Is it possible to trigger IDoc from ECC to ECC, same system using WE19? If its' possible do we need to enter IDoc in Partner Profile in WE20?

2) I was getting an error Entry IDoc name does not exist in EDMSG when I tred to enter it in Inbound Parameters?

How can we test this IDoc from ECC? It takes a while before we get PI access and we need to test it now

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Redhika:

1) Is it possible to trigger IDoc from ECC to ECC, same system using WE19? If its' possible do we need to enter IDoc in Partner Profile in WE20?

Yes we can trigger it from WE19 & I think we can trigger without patner profile also but it is better we need to enter idoc in WE20

2) I was getting an error Entry IDoc name does not exist in EDMSG when I tred to enter it in Inbound Parameters?

Are you using Standard idoc or custom

Please specify the details

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep

I am using a standard IDoc only. I am not able to trigger from WE19. It says partner profile missing, its red not green.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

U need to maintain partner profile in ECC and refer the same while posting idoc internally in ECC from we19.

So in this case ur sender and receiver details (under EDIDC segment) will be same.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sender and receive is same system. I am triggering from ECC to ECC only. It's for testing purpose. Sender and Receiver is same, but what value should I enter there? As of now I haven't created any port. There are some ports existing there, tRFC ports. Can I use one of them?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radhika,

Please check whether you have maintained the inbound settings.

Which are in :

WE57

WE42(Process code)

BD51

For more information please refer to Inbound settings in :

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/beginners-guide-to-ale-and-idocs-part-iii/20/

Thanks

Gaurav Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all create one partner profile and add ur desired (idoc) message type under inbound parameters.

For instance if ur ECC SID is DEC (and client 100) then ur partner profile will be DECCLNT100 (obviously same entry i.e. logical system name should exist under BD54).

Once done go to we19 populate ur data and while filling EDIDC segment make sure that the port (SAP<SID>), partner number and partner type is same for both sender and receiver.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I see some ports that start with A. Should I use this or create a new port?

I got this error when I tried to create a partner profile, " Entry IDoc name does not exist in EDMSG ".

Thanks a lot for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>I see some ports that start with A. Should I use this or create a new port?

No, just give SAP<SID> (SID is nothing but ur SAP system id like DEC) as ur port name while filling EDIDC segment in we19

>>I got this error when I tried to create a partner profile, " Entry IDoc name does not exist in EDMSG "

Which idoc u are using?? If u are using standard idoc then entry should exist in EDMSG table.

U can check we82 to find out if ur message/idoc type entry exist there or not?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Radhika

There is one main transaction WEDI , which a IDoc workplace and has all the transactions for dealing with IDoc related stuff.

You can use any port which has RFC defined in same system(The system you are using).

Regards

Nisha