Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch quantity over allocating.

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

I faced an issue when available stock (CO09) 10 for example, but when we starting allocating via VL10A in 2 sessions for some materials stock over allocating, 12 or 13, for example.

I have tested all settings, trying to simulate, but unfortunately.

What i need to check also? Tell me which screenshots i need to provide and which setting to check also - i will.

Thank you, you my last help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conrad,

Assuming you are using Availability checking (you are, right?) then check your settings in OVZ1.  "B" should probably be checked for the Availability check you are using.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy.

Yes, we have group in material master and B for deliveries, because you can't change standard.

See my screenshots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conrad,

????  I said that "B" should be checked in OVZ1.  According to your screenshot, it appears to be unchecked.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

This checkbox mean only block material at plant level, kindly explain how it help me?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conrad,

Not exactly.  Put your cursor on this field in OVZ1 and read the F1 Help.

VL10* transactions commonly invoke parallel processing in the background to create deliveries.  If there are two processes trying to create deliveries at the same time for the same material, it is possible to overcommit the orders, unless the material is blocked.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

But as far, as i know ATP blocking material and batch while checking. Not?

And we need to continue use parallel allocation, because we have much deliveries and less time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conrad,

But as far, as i know ATP blocking material and batch while checking. Not?

No, not necessarily; unless selected in OVZ1.

Parallel checking is OK.  As a matter of fact, it is very difficult to stop VL10* transactions from using parallel processing.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys, one more info.

What i have checked:

1. ATP at: requirement type, delivery item category, schedule line item category. There is no ATP enabled, but it happen, don't know how at this moment...

2. OVZ1 - unchecked, OVZ2 - only for SO (A).

What strange is over allocation happen only for specific materials, but in first look all looks usual in material master record.

Also, i found in some SAP book this:

"If the availability check is carried out without the cumulative confirmed quantities or requirement

quantities being taken into account, this can lead to more being confirmed than is available"

My settings has 0.

0  No cumulation

1  Cumulation of confirmed quantity when created and changed

2  Required quantity when created, no cumulation when changed

3  Required quantity when created, conf. qty when changed

This settings related only to sales order ATP, or to delivery too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conrad,

Cumulation is set at the checking Group level.  Config is in OVZ2

This would include not only sales orders and deliveries, but also production orders, stock transport orders, dynamic availability checking during goods issue or reservation creation; etc etc etc - EVERY availability check that is conducted in any module (SD/PP/MM) where the checking group appears in the material master.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49, i will test it. But it's strange that in the past it was working without proposed here check buttons.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in VL01N. May be there is some issue with VL10A. If you get same issue in VL01N then there must be something wrong with your settings.

Thank$

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

I can't create delivery in mass through VL01N. So, maybe reason in some settings under VL10A user role tab.