cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi level DP BOM planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am familiar with standard APO DP BOM planning, where key figures of semantic 4nn and 5nn are used for independent and demands respectively for a single level BOM.

But can one also model multi level BOMs, for example parent product A has component B, which itself has components C and D; if we have independent demands for product A, can we see dependent demands for products B, C, D?

I assume we would need a DP BOM for product B, and then maybe copy the dependent demand key figure for product B to another key figure of semantic 4nn, which would then be linked with its own dependent demand key figure of semantic 5nn. The system would tehn use the DP BOM for product B to calculate the dependent demands for products C, D.

Any advide appreciated...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I got one post regarding your query. Please have a look over it. May it will help you in solving your problem.

http://www.saptechies.org/bill-of-material-bom/

If it will helpful for you then revert me back otherwise I'll try to find some other solution or post for you.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

I, like expert Sourabh, don't know if such a functionality is feasible.  However, I wonder what would be the business requirement to actually know such information.

If think you will use this info to calculate ACTUAL dependent demand for lower level products, for planning purposes, this calculated data is somewhat useless.  It ignores any supply elements that are already in place at intermediate levels of the BOM.  For such a solution, there are various Sales and Operations Planning functionalities offered by SAP in both ECC and APO.

Just because DP is capable of being tortured into doing something does not mean that it is the best tool for the job.  It sounds (to me) that your proposal would be a lot of work for relatively little benefit.

Best Regards,

DB49

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I don't know if this is at all possible to show dependent demand for product B, C and D, but i can share what i have experienced in system while testing similar scenario.

In your case if you have SNP PDS for product A (component B) and for product B, (component C and D).

Now when you try creating DP PDS, then it will show you product C and D as input materials for A.

Now what this means is, you will be able to forecast for dependent demand of product C and D, but not for immediate component B.

Hope this gives you some clarity.

Rgds

Sourabh