Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to vendor

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have tested successfully return to vendor -122 when the material was in block, but please confirm me whether we can do return to vendor directly through quality or unrestricted stock or else I can only do it return to vendor process if the stock is in blocked.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You already know it can be returned from blocked stock.

As already stated you can do a return from unrestricted.

If the material is in QI and is associated with its original 01 inspection lot a return to vendor can be done from stock posting log.  But this is actually a reversal and is as if the original GR never happened. No shipping papers, BOL or delivery docs are created. It is really meant to be used to refuse a shipment before it is unloaded.   If you unloaded and you need to transport documents for the return, the QI stock should be posted to blocked stock.  Then you follow you standard return process from blocked stock.

You cannot do a return of any goods in QI stock.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

What happens when a UD reversal is made and stock is brought back into QI. If the material is wished to be returned to vendor, in this case I guess return would be made from QI only.

I don't know I am confused !!

KJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two ways of return delivery.

Return Delivery through Transfer posting is only possible for Blocked & Unrestricted stock type.

Secondly, Return delivery in UD screen i.e. you can directly post the stock in "Return Delivery" field from QI stock. But here problem is, excise wont get reversed.

So normal practice is to post the stock first to "blocked stock" while doing UD. Then through transfer posting, return delivery can be done manually.

Thanks

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your all quick response and i would like to inform that most of our client ask for reason and its impact and also benefits.

So if material is been directly done 122 movement through unrestricted stock then what is the impact on excise or standard laws, etc

And if the material is been transfer from unrestricted to blocked stock and then done 122 movement then what is the impact on excise or other things.

In short in case of any rejection why to return stock directly from Unrestricted to return to vendor(122) and blocked to return to vendor(122). what is the logic and difference between this.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Reason to post the stock in Block is to ensure that, this stock will not be used for any other purpose, i.e. for production etc. and it can be only used for doing return delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if Excise is not into consideration ? In that case, isn't it technically true that Stock is actually sent to vendor from QI?

KJ

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stock can only be brought back to into QI via a UD reversal IF the SAP OSS note has been implemented.  It is not considered as a normal process.  Once it's back into QI then there should be no reason you can't return to vendor via the UD .  The key to remember is that in the UD screen there is no actual return delivery.  It would be as if the vendor never delivered to start with.  The purchase order would once again be open.

If you need documents for shipping purposes, you should not reverse the UD, (maybe change the UD code to FAIL though).  If it was passed through QI already, typically you keep it in blocked stock until you get RA.  Then you create a return delivery.  In this case, the original purchase order is completed.  If paid, a credit needs to be obtained from vendor and entered into the system.  Then a new replacement purchase order needs to be created to get replacement material.

I don't know anything about how excise taxes work here.  Post the question to FI.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do Return to vendor from Stock type QI/Blocked/Unresticted.

If Material is in Blocked Stock, you have to transfer this mat. to Unrestricted use. then you can do your further process that you know.

If Material is in Unrestricted Stock, then do your regular process (No need to transfer stock to any other Stock type).

If Materail is in QI, You can transfer directly Return to Vendor at the time of Usage Decision. Here is problem in excisable Materials. You can check with MM Guy.

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

If the material is in Blocked stock then we can directly do return to vendor from block stock, we don't do transfer the stock to unrestricted stock then return to vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can select stock type while doing return delivery. But It may not allow you to select the Stock in QI, if your inspection type is active. So you can either select stock type in Blocked or Unrestricted. For QI stock, system will throw a message to change the stock in QM only.

Thanks

Sachin

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Vendor return can be done irrespective of the stock type. It doesn't matter if it is lying in Unrestricted or QI or Block !!

And this could have been found easily with a bit of searching.

ntn