Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving linked or reverseLookup records in MDM 7.1 SP6

former_member182652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on MDM 7.1 SP6. In our data model, we have got main tables looking up to another flat or main tables. In our scenario, we want to display all the records across different tables in the repository where the selected record is referenced.

We can perhaps achieve this in MDM 7.1 SP8 by using getReverseLookupRecords method of Record interface.

Is there a way to achieve the same in SP6? Is there any API to retrieve the records which are referencing the selected record or to retrieve the tables which are looking up to the selected table?

P.S. I haved raised the same question in MDM forum but haven't got any response. Hence, I am raising it in this forum as well as it covers Java API as well.

Regards,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you know which table and which filed are referencing the record,

you can just use search api to find out those records in referencing table,

former_member182652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your response.

Yes. We can do that but problem is how to retrieve the tables which are referencing the record. Just to give you additional information, we are developing a generic application which can be used for any table.

So, we will come to know the table name only at runtime.I know we can perhaps store the information of which table is referred by which all tables somewhere may be in BRM, then retrieve it based on the selected table and then use search API to retrieve the records in referencing table. the problem with this approach will be that we will always need to update the decision tables in BRM if we want to scale the application for new tables.

I see that there are APIs in MDM 7.1 SP8 which can help to get this information directly. What I want to know is that if there are some MDM APIs in SP6 which can be used to find the records which are referencing the selected record or to retrieve the list of tables which are looking up to the selected table.

Regards,

Kunal Saggar