cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.0 deployment issue on SMP2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to deploy Work Manager 6.0 to SMP 2.3 SP03 PL01.

I encountered message "RUNNING_WITHOUT_METADATA" on SCC after deploying Work Manager zip file.

Steps I made were following

These were based on "Work Manager Installation Guide 6.0".

1) Extract SAPWorkMgr600Deploymentx64.zip and rename folder name as WM600.

2) Create Self-Signed Certificate AgentryServer.pfx by using Open SSL command as follows

based on http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01930.0233/doc/html/smc13...

Authentication Certificate Creation for Agentry > Creating a Self-Signed Certificate Using OpenSSL

openssl req -x509 -days 3650 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout server-key.pem -out server-cert.pem
    openssl pkcs12 -export -in server-cert.pem -inkey server-key.pem -out AgentryServer.pfx

3) Copy AgentryServer.pfx file into WM600 folder.

4) Execute configuration tool SAPWorkMgr600ConfigTool.exe to WM600 folder

5) Confirm connection to ERP by running connectTest.bat in WM600 folder

6) Enter password for authentication certificate and service user by using encryptPW.bat tool as follows

encryptPW Agentry.ini "Server Administration" authenticationCertificateStorePassword <myPassword>
    encryptPW JavaBE.ini SERVICE_LOGON UPASSWORD <myPassword>
    encryptPW JavaBE.ini PUSH_LOGON UPASSWORD <myPassword>

7) zip WM600 folder

😎 Define agentry application and deploy WM.zip file

Could you give me advise to solve this issue.

Thanks

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you create the Application in the SCC, please stop the SMP 2.3 Server then Deploy the WM to the configuration file created for the application.  The folder path should look like:

<MobilePlatform location>\Servers\UnwiredServer\Repository\Agentry\default\<name of application created>\

After deploying the application and modifing the configuration files restart the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

As you mentioned maybe I did :

1) define application WM600 in SCC

2) Restart SMP Server

3) deploy WM600.zip to SMP by SCC

Is this steps is what you mentioned?

Same issue appear on SCC.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the following:
1) Define application in SCC

2) Turn off SMP Server

3) Deploy WM 6

4) Start SMP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve

Do the following:

1) Define application in SCC

(1) above mentioned is just a below screen.

In this screen no application is specified ?

2) Turn off SMP Server

(2) This means stopping SMP service?

3) Deploy WM 6

(3) I want to know this more detail

How do I use SAPWorkMgr600Deploymentx64.zip?

Extract this and copy to to "C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\Repository\Agentry\default\<application ID>

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks experts,

I finally deployed WM6.0 and run it well.

Issue was depend one how to make WM6.0 application package.

These were based on "Work Manager Installation Guide 6.0". and plus alpha.

0) Add path like as ( I don't now this is must or not )
    C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\JDK1.6.0_31-x64\jre\bin;C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\JDK1.6.0_31-x64\jre\bin\server;

1) Extract SAPWorkMgr600Deploymentx64.zip and rename folder name as WM600.

2) Create Self-Signed Certificate AgentryServer.pfx by using Open SSL command as follows

based on http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01930.0233/doc/html/smc13...
    Authentication Certificate Creation for Agentry > Creating a Self-Signed Certificate Using OpenSSL

openssl req -x509 -days 3650 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout server-key.pem -out server-cert.pem
    openssl pkcs12 -export -in server-cert.pem -inkey server-key.pem -out AgentryServer.pfx

During this operation Input value of common name is important.
    This common name should be a FQN of server and this name are used when connecting to WM from iPad and SCC.
    So you should install serverc-cert.pem in iPad and you should regist it in SCC configuration tab.

3) Copy AgentryServer.pfx file into WM600 folder.

4) Execute configuration tool SAPWorkMgr600ConfigTool.exe to WM600 folder

5) Confirm connection to ERP by running connectTest.bat in WM600 folder

6) Enter password for authentication certificate and service user by using encryptPW.bat tool as follows

encryptPW Agentry.ini "Server Administration" authenticationCertificateStorePassword <myPassword>
    encryptPW Agentry.ini "ANGEL Front End" authenticationCertificateStorePassword <myPassword>
    encryptPW Agentry.ini "Web Server Front End" authenticationCertificateStorePassword <myPassword>

encryptPW JavaBE.ini SERVICE_LOGON UPASSWORD <myPassword>
    encryptPW JavaBE.ini PUSH_LOGON UPASSWORD <myPassword>

7) zip elements of WM600 folder
    Select elements under WM folder and right-click=>zip
    (Don't select WM600 folder Select elements under WM600 folder)

😎 Define agentry application and deploy WM.zip file

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Takayoshi, could you please detail the last step, number 8, where we are still hanging?

If I deploy the .zip file using scc, my application states RUNNING NEEDS RESTART. If I restart, my server goes down. If I stop the server as Steve mentioned above, I can not use scc, but have to manually put the app in the file system.
What path did u use?

thanks

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Did you find any solution for your problem, I'm also facing this issue, After depolying package it states RUNNING NEEDS RESTART. If I restart, server goes down and not able to do anything in SCC.

Even if I restart SMP server then I don't see agentry server instance status.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

let me at last share what I perceive as correct.

a. The deployment is not a write to a central DB + distribution, but a plain dump into file system

b. If this is true, you can do it two ways:

b1: 'by hand': stop all SAP Mobile services and wait until they are down

b1a: find you app directory. it should be under a path like C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\Repository\Agentry\default\<yourapp>

b1b: extract your zip in there. Make sure that the app is right in that folder. I am mentioning this, because if you just re-zipped the file from SAP and deployed, it will not work, since there will be a subdirectory

b1c: restart all services. Verify in C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\<yourapp> the startup is fine. SCC will not show the app as running, but it will run. run your clients to verify

b2: deployment: this only worked for me if I have SAP mobile services not as 'start automatically' in windows. If I left them as start automatically the next server restart will not come back. Ever.....
b2a: deploy your zip file. SCC will show 'running needs restart'. Sop SAP Mobile services and start again. Check log as above for startup messages.

Agentry properties did not work for me in scc in any of these sceanrios after deployment.

hope that helps

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan and Abhishek,

Did you end up getting to the bottom of this deployment problem?  Currently we have the same scenario where we bring the services offline and then dump the files over the directory

\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\Repository\Agentry\default\com.sap.mobile.app.wrkmngr

We restart and the Node detail is blank, but the server seems to be up and running.

Any assistance is appreciated

Regards,

Chris O'Haire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

sorry, it appears to me that this is the way it works for work manager, though I don't know for sure.  I guess you can still check out the server startup  logs to get details into the start up process. I don't know what else to do if scc does not read the properties from the Agentry.ini file.

thanks

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the localization of the server?  There is a known issue that is being worked on development.  Please set the localization into English.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Windows 2008 R2 region and Language settings are:

Format: English (Australia)

Answers (0)