cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invalid Password for user" coming up repeatedly in a newly build app from scratch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been creating an application from scratch on SMP 2.3 (Agentry Version 6.1.0.3) platform.

For the proof of concept purpose I want to log in a user to the application after authenticating from SAP backend.

I have installed the development server, configured the javabe.ini, configured the back end as well.

But when I am trying to log in with a valid user credentials, a pop up message of "Invalid Password for XXX" is coming up.(XXX is the user id used)

I have only one System connection (Java-2) and I have made "enableAuthentication" and "enablePreviousUserAuthentication" as true.

Attaching the events.log

Just to add, I have created a connectTest.bat and after running it, no errors are coming up.

Please help!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sourav,

What java are you using to authenticate to your backend?  You say you are creating an app from scratch, but are you still using the com.syclo.sap server and user classes to handle the authentication?  You should be able to debug these in Eclipse to see what is going on.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I see you are using 6.1.0.3.  The current version is SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1 which is around Agentry version 6.1.3.10xxx.  Please upgrade to SP03 PL1, as there has been many fixes between your version and the current version.

Also, please check your serverClass line to see if it says "com/syclo/agentry/server"  If it does this is a default value and will need to be updated to use the application server class file.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason, Steve

The java backend was not loading properly. I checked the application server class. Now it is working well and good. I re deployed the java project and restarted the server. Thanks for your help guys.

Thanks ,

Sourav