cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Longer timeout of Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

Would i know if that is possible to set a longer expire time for Web Dynpro Application?

It would be grateful if the option is application-specific.

Thanks so much !

Br - Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

You can set the session time out application specific by using t-code SICF as show below

Note: you can set the time out shorter than the global parameter of ICM timeout.

Work around solution:

Please check the below document which demonstrate the auto refresh before expire time. So, that your application will be active for longer time

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Message was edited by: Ramakrishnappa Gangappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your solution !

However, I don't have Timer Components in my Web Dynpro....so i cannot process the solution in the attachment, any suggestions?

BR - Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timer(TimedTrigger) is a UI element.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to change the ICM parameter( rdisp/plugin_auto_logout ) to increase the session time out. Help here: icm/conn_timeout - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

It would be grateful if the option is application-specific.

As mentioned above using SICF you can maintain at application level, but you can maintain only lower than ICM time out.

So, the option would be to change the ICM parameter or creating a Timed Trigger UI.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set longer expire time for Web Dynpro Application by configuration level also but it will be maximum 20- 30 Minutes.  If you want more then that then please follow the document provided by Ram.