Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange and Transformation with external apps

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might come as a very vague question, but please bare with me.

We have external apps that presently communicate with Information Broker for data exchange and JCO on the SAP HR system to perform the data transformation using JCO (EJB).

So moving forward we would like to implement SOA and eleminate the use of JCO and EJB. Would like to achieve this thru some webservice that makes use of BAPI's. How can I do that in technical terms I mean, any brief or detailed tutorial will be fine.

Thanks for your patience.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

Services can be provided as outside In as well as Inside Out (as mentioned in Jitendra's note). Basically there is a Service created for each BAPI/RFC you call.

Best practice would be define the service outside in (Enterprise Service Builder) and the Service Repository is integrated with SAP HR System (in this case) and using SPROXY, proxy class and other objects are created. Inside the proxy method, your BAPI/RFC is called.

+ if ESR is not used, SOAMANAGER is used for End-Point creation and WSDL for SAP as  provider and same t.code used to get consumer proxy for 3rd party web services.

Nikhil

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok basically EJB is connected thru JCO, and this EJB is transforming the data that the end users java applications (mostly webbased apps)

So our EJB is currently running on Weblogic, so we have to eliminate and port over the EJB over to SAP NWDI (if i am not wrong) and then make these EJB's run as usual, which means they will be performing the data transformation as before.

So the whole point of this is can we port over what our Weblogic is doing over to the back end (SAP E-HR) system to get the transformation of data so that the end users JAVA application can use it..

Keywords are Weblogic , EJB , data transformation.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand the requirements correctly, EJBs will do the transformation. For SAP ABAP to access, EJBs must be exposed as web service. SAP NetWeaver Java application server can expose this service.

SAP NWDI "term" is generally used as code repository and transport management (DTR, CTB, CTS)

So the whole point of this is can we port over what our Weblogic is doing over to the back end (SAP E-HR) system

iff SAP E-HR is dual stack (ABAP and Java) stack.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jack,

you can check this tutorial http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-38805