Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible object error

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Hie Guys,

When I drag certain objects from my Universe in the Webi query panel, I get an error saying - The query contains incompatible objects. But, the objects parsed correctly in the Universe Designer. Can anyone tell me what could be the possible cause and solution for this issue? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

While Object s drag and drop Incompatible dimensions and measures from different contexts into  the WebI report…. get the error message like iincompatibilitymessage.

To find out the incompatibility objects you need to drag and drop object one by one into the WebI Report and check the SQL is generating….while doing the process if the SQL is not generated. then that object have incompatibility…so you can create another data provider for incompatible objects and use that objects along with common objects and merge the objects.

And also check If you have any compatibility matrix document please check while using the objects in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may also be possible that someone has set up aggregate navigation.

What are the universe parameters set to on the SQL tab?

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

No, aggregate navigation has not been set. I've attached the Universe parameters set below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not see aggregate awareness from parameter screen ...  Check from compatibility setup screen of the universe toolbar

MOst likely this issue is due to objects of multiple context being used in the same query...

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Object which you are trying to pull might not be in the same context of objects that are already in Query panel. You can always pull object that belongs to the same context.