Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerExceptions during IDoc_AEE Receiver Adapter processing

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi
following on from  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3356388

I have the same error.   In my case I need to be able to have multiple IDOCs in the one message and following the method of changing the XSD of the IDOC to be unbounded and then using this as an external definition in the message mapping should work (Following the SAP Note 814393 - mutiple IDOC in XI message).  

I get the same error as Sankar describes in his post.  The IDOC adapter throws an exception.

IDOC: Adding control record to payload failed due to Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to
invoke the
method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable chars.... etc etc

The SAP Note 1862655 indicates a solution ! - NullPointerExceptions during IDoc_AEE Receiver Adapter processing - says that Stricter Control Record checking require the interface name and namespaces to be in that format <MSGTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP>.

But how is this possible if you need to use an unbounded XSD IDOC definition ??

I have SAP PO 7.31 using the IDOC-AAE adapter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently i was able to change the idoc xsd and able to generate multiple idocs...

I used Idoc packaging in sourceside ....and in target able to generate multiple idocs of different types and didn't face any of the above issues...

we were on PO 7.31 SP7...May be check once the Control record structures and also the settings done at the receiver channel level...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have it working.   ... the MM points to the external definition but the OM and the iFlow need only point to the SAP_ABA IDOC itself.