Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of threads after Answered.. Moderators Kindly check

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moderators,

Its arround 5- 6th  times with me that  someone has deleted the discussion after getting his/her answer.

So my point is that how can we restrict someone to delete the thread atleast when he/she like the answer, Mark it helpful, or correct answer,

Means disscussion is going or gone in right way.

Because it took sufficent time to read queries of other then check in system for more details and then give your answer . After all this you come to know that discussion has been deleted.

Kindly provide your suggestion/solution to this , because its realy demotivating.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

After a thread has been replied to, the thread author (OP) can no longer edit the thread contents nor delete the thread. 

The reason you have a points loss is either because some actions were undone (reply was un-liked, unmarked as correct or helpful) OR the thread was removed.  About the latter, threads might be removed following an abuse report because the thread was redundant (query that has been asked and answered before) or other abuses per the .  Note that an abuse report can also be opened against the reply itself.

SCN will be happy to investigate any suspected wrong doing but a clear example must be provided since we don't have access to any logs.

Hope this is helpful.

Jason

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help and suport.

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It happened with me as well and I also had raised query here and in SCN support. It is because of the fact that discussion was basic question and someone marked it report abuse and moderators take action and remove or hide that thread.

If you think it was injustice with you and that was not a basic question you can post the specific link here and global moderators can look into it and its validity.

Thank$

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

, the user unmarked you answer as helpful.

She marked you answer as helpful 6 days ago.

But today the user has unmarked the reply as helpful.

That's because you point decreased.

And the other post is deleted by moderator.

And you have got the point on this post

As you can see there are no thread in this history.

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

I dont have any concern about the discussion that are unmarked as helpful but exist in system.

But for those which are not existing anymore but i have participated whether deleted/removed by moderator And one more thing if it is deleted because it is basic discussion, i think moderators check almost every discussion/content before allow to post it in any forum.

Regards

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its depend on point level...

If any user posted a question who has a very low point level, Then first the discussion goes for approval, then it is visible to the forum.

But when an user crossed the low point level, then the question will goes directly to forum without approvals.

It can be two reasons

1. Someone report the discussion as abuse (for any valid reason). After that it goes approval to moderator, then moderator reject/delete the post (as moderator think this is a valid reason for abuse).

2. Moderator see the discussion later and he reject the post. (between this time, you have posted your reply and get the helpful mark).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussions can be posted without any approval.

It was restricted last spring because of spam attacks. Since that is solved there is not restriction in place and moderator do not see the discussion before they get visible.

The moderation happens later, after an abuse report, or when the moderator reads certain discussions.

when a discussion gets rejected, then only the OP is informed, not the contributors.

the points get automatically reduced with a rejection, it is not needed to remove them individually.

However, a moderator is able to remove points and can still keep the discussion.

(in such specific case there will usually be some information in the discussion itself)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Discussed thread never be delete by OP. if its deleted mean that might be a basic question and OP posted without search. in that case moderator will delete thread and send rejection message to Owner.

While deleting the thread moderator will remove the points also.

If thread was there and points were reduced mean OP may be unmarked your reply's.

Thanks

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think OP can delete the query once a response has been posted to it. I don't find any option for this in the queries I have raised in the past.

Besides, OP usually gets 15 minutes to modify/ delete/ move the query after posting it. So I would suggest you not to jump for the suggestion as soon as you see it. Instead, wait at least for 15 mins. Do not answer any query which is posted within 15 minutes if it repeatedly happening to you.

Check with this query of your's if you can delete it now

ntn

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for ur time.

I answered two different queries in different forums and in one of which 2 answere marked as helpful .

now today i can see answer has been unmarked as helpful.

But problem is that i am not able to see these discussion in respectives forums.

if not deleted then where it is ??

Regards

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the Activity tab in your profile. You can find the discussion you have participated recently. http://scn.sap.com/people/harish.kum%40r/activity

This might be because OP unmarked it as helpful or moderator deleted that discussion.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for response.

But i have already checked there  , these are not there thats why i think these has been delered and i started discussion here.

Regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. That is something different. What you see is that your posting were unmarked but which queries are they, this cannot be known.

This does not mean that queries were deleted, it just mean that OP unmarked your post but relative forum can be known. You see such figures in the forum itself after flipping it. Lets say, you posted something in QM space in response to my query and I mark it helpful. If I later unmark it, you'll see that in QM space only after flipping it. So forum can be known.

Other way which I have seen in past that if a moderator deletes any thread, then such figures also arises. In this case, moderator notification appears so that related thread can be known.

ntn