cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.1 Installed successfully but Tomcat server is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed BO 4.1 SP2 on the windows 2012 server (64bit) but not able to login CMC, BI launch pad. It's thrown error page can't be displayed.

I have verified the tomcat server in ccm it's shown stopped status, and I have tried to restart many times but couldn't.

I have tried to re-deploy tomcat server, but the screen is not progressing at all.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have tried all your options finally half succeeded. Tomcat has started,able to open BI launch pad but while I am trying to create a report,the report is creating but within a few seconds its throwing following error and automatically closing the window.

I have tried to create a report on universe,bex queries and the same error persisting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the below SAP note:

1933283 - Error: "Unspecified error invoking method or accessing property "onChangeDocID" " when ref...

Cause

• Exact cause unknown, but root cause appears to be on the client machine and Java-related.
  • This issue has been observed with some versions of Java from version 7 update 25 and later.

Resolution

This error no longer occurred after Java version 7 update 45 was applied to the client machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

I have been trying this on server side as well client side and both has already Java 7 Update 45. please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give a try by clearing the java cache.if not then Raise OSS Message with SAP.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could also be an issue with certificates. Have you got any chance to check this 904873 - Web Intelligence Rich Internet Applet loads slower after installing Java 7 Update 25 (JRE 7u25+)

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you give me the steps to clear java cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

you can get the in Google.

Below is the thread for the same.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

I would request you to check the note which was shared by Manikandan Elumalai.

Correction in note nummber: 1904873 Web Intelligence Rich Internet Applet loads slower after installing Java 7 Update 25 (JRE 7u25+)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manik\Prasad,

I have followed the steps in your suggested clearing caches posts. I have updated java 7 45 as well, but still the same problem persisting and no progress at all. Your valuable advises really appreciable.

please answer me, is this problem only with 4.1 SP2 or 4.1 SP1 as well?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

looks like your deploymnet of Bi4 is not succesfull, you should open support Incident with SAP and review your install logs and server settings.
You have too many issues, which shouldn't be seen on succesfull installs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Denis here. It looks like there is some issue with BI 4 install itself. You can try to repair the install and see if it works. Also please let us know the RAM size on the server because all the components might not install properly if the RAM is not enough on the server.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

RAM is 16GB.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Can you check the below things for the tomcat

go to Start > Programs > Tomcat > Tomcat configuration

Select the 4th tab: Java

Check the all the perameters and see is there any extra spaces are there between the Java option entires

Make sure that your are running Tomcat service on the valid port which is enabled in firewll ( prefer 8080).

In Maximum Memory Pool, reduce the value from 1024Mb to 768Mb

Click Apply, OK and restart Tomcat

just check weather you are able to get any error messages in the eventviewer or Tomcat logs.

Note: Try to compare the Tomcat configuration of working system with the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Firstly check whether the port available by default 8080 is open or not. Use telnet to check this.

2. Look whether tomcat is getting restricted due to firewall / antivirus. If possible, disable these temporarily and start tomcat.

3. Download a fresh version of tomcat and deploy BO warfiles.

4. If new tomcat starts post step 3, but you are not able to view CMC / BILaunchPad page. Repair the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be Tomcat might not installed properly on the server. Please try following steps.

1. Navigate to Tomcat6\logs folder and open stdout file. Search for keyword ‘severe’ in the file and check if you see any error messages there.
  2. Check the Tomcat port number and confirm the port is free on the server.
  3. Please check the RAM size on the server. It should 16 GB for BI 4.0 install.
  4. You can try to run repair install on the server from control panel->Programs and Features.

Regards,

Hrishikesh