cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Travel Management with Time Management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alls,

Is there any integration of travel management with time management?

kindly refer proceedure available in standard and customized also.

After approval of trip planning automatically updation in infotypes of time management related to business trip.

Automatically business trip shows in time management.

Thanks & Regards.

Sehrish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sehrish

Yes, we can Integrate Travel Management with Time Management and it comes through CATS.. where Trip Schema will be the base for every thing.. either for Travel Mgt or Time Mgt. Moving ahead with ur requirement as below

After approval of trip planning automatically updation in infotypes of time management related to business trip.Automatically business trip shows in time management.

we can't map that absence type automatically with Travel Mgt.. all we need to do is to create a new Absence type name with Business Trip & map the Trip number with days in CATS. Once you post the data to Time management it updates the IT2001. More over as of my knowledge we can't map Travel Planning with CATS..

Hope this Info.. will be helpful

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My question is without ESS can we cofigure CATS.?

and alos let me know if yes then any other way to integrate travel planning with time management.

Integration in such a way that when administrator approves the trip plan then auto updation in time management is it possible?

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sehrish

Let me make it clear!!! CATS is no where related to ESS as it's dependent on R/3. If u want in ESS then we call it as Record Working Time and we can call that service in ESS if ur business demands.

If Time Mgt with CATS & Travel Mgt is Implemented then system will automatically update the Travel dates in the CATS records.

Hope this Info will be helpful

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

can you tell me the whole process of CATS implementation.

configuration steps of CATS?

Thanks & regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Sehrish

This is not the forum for CATS implementation but keep in mind, asking for the entire steps for CATS implementation is not feasible as a question for SCN!

I suggested earlier the SAP Help and have a look at the specific CATS course but in any case, the correct forum would be ERP HCM

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/content

Your question will be shut down quickly though if you dont at least start some research from your own initiative!

cheers

Sally

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

I have been tryng to get an answer on my Post in Travel Management for last 3 days but I am not getting any help. I am in desperate need of your help in this matter. I know this is not the correct thread but I have no other way to connect you as I am not getting any reply from any expert on my question. Following is my requirement. Please help or show me some path to achieve this .

Hi Experts

I need one small help from you. I have a req. in Expense Managemnt for a country where I need to configure Meals Per Day Limit as 800 $ limit. If an employee claims more than this, Say, 1200$ then 10% VAT will be applicable to 1200 $ but they want to post the taxes for 800$ and additional 400 $ in different GL account.  Similarly, if any one claims 800$ only then there will be a straight forward 10% as there is no additional amount. The division is required for NOn deductible and Deductible tax purpose. How Can I achieve this? How can I break up the Expense as 800 and 400 when we post to FI. Well one more point the Tax code remain same and doesnt have Tax Jurisdiction.

Please see the example below.

Expense Account

Meals                      1200

Tax                             80 To GL A/c B

Tax                             40 to GL A/c A

Employee                 1200

Meals                   

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sehrish,

what you are looking for does not exist to my knowledge.

Only "small" integration to the time sheet exist (CATS)

This is something which a lot of customers requesting but if you look to the details the two concepts are not fitting. Travel absence is not working time.

Happy to discuss this in details...

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi Sehrish

There should be plentry of threads on this already if you do a search:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3403875

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1186017

As the 2nd thread shows, it is dependent on the integration being activated via the IMG but I'd suggest check the standard proecure yourself first and then post back with specific query!

I would also suggest to look at the AC270 course material for Travel Management which covers these points as well as the help.sap.comdocumentation and the SAP Press publication on Integrating CATS.

Good luck!

Sally