cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement in access sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to add a routine in access sequence, so that if ship to party NE sold to party, then system should consider 'ship to party' for calculation of basic price.

Currently Price is picked by sold to party /material and we do not want to add new table in access sequence.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RAYBEENA,

One caution (side comment) - If there are different business processes in which price does not have this condition (SP is same as SH, or not); then note that when configuration is done in Access Sequence, then it can be used across processes.

Which then would not satisfy your requirement, specific to some processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on this from requirement access sequence. will update once i test and confirm.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

TW has given you right direction for the solution.

You could also think of one more way. You can create two tables with two different accesses.

• First Table will have the Sold to Party + Ship To Party and other fields[whatever they may be] and will have the exclusive indicator.
  • Second Table will have just the Sold to Party and other fields[whatever they may be] and will have the exclusive indicator.

If the condition record is found for the first table it stops there only. This will be based on the Sold + Ship Combo which is what you want ultimately.

All other Sold To Parties you can maintain in Table 2.

This way it is standard accesses that the system goes through.

You might need basic coding in the background in the Pricing User Exit for kicking in the Ship To Party Field, but this is within the realm of standard SAP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dee,

Very nice! Thanks!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raybeena,

As requested earlier, could you please paste the screenshot of the access sequence (so that we can see all the condition tables)?

Added: As one of your requirement is that new table should not be added to this access sequence.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color

Former Member
0 Kudos

we added a routine in pricing in requirement column to pass ship to in sold to if ship to NE sold to.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raybeena,

Currently Price is picked by sold to party /material and we do not want to add new table in access sequence.

Reading your original post again, could you please paste the access sequence (with the tables).

Important - you don't want to add a new table.

Kindly note that OP does not want to create a new table.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for making me aware of that. Bummer. Did not see that properly.

Raybeena:

Can you explain more here. How is the calculation expected to be different ? I am not sure I understand this point. If for example,

Case I) Sold to Party - A and Ship to Party - A then Base Price X - Standard

Case II) Sold to Party - A and Ship to Party - B then Base Price = What ?? 

How do you get the Base Price ? What different thing is the system is supposed to do in terms of picking up Base Price ? 

Are there two tables already being maintained and only logic has to change to pick from either Table 1 Has Sold to Party among other things]or Table 2[Has Ship To Party among other things] ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis Price is different for different ship to parties.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RAYBEENA,

Yes, you can add a requirement in the access sequence.

In the access sequence, the first table can be with field Sold To party.

The second table can be with field Ship To party.

Adjacent to the first table, you can give the routine as requirement. The logic would validate if SP = SH, if yes, then price is taken from the first table.

if no, then the system goes to the second table, and picks up the price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this case, the client would have to maintain record for both tables,correct?

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is a field in Access sequence to assign a Requirement

But for your scenario, you can directly create a Routine and add it in V/06 against your pricing procedure under the field Alternative calculation type

regards,

santosh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

santosh,

I do not understand your solution!

Further, I donot think this would be the ideal solution!

Kindly explain how with an alt cal typ you can achieve this requirement.

Better would be to go with the suggestion proposed by the OP.